1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid Season Team Change Bug

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by GustavoHenn, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Hi, folks! I know this is a common discussion, but I'd like to know if there is already some solution for this problem. To the ones who are not familiar with this bug:

1) started my career in marussia. Did well, beat my teammate every race and was faster than the smaller teams every race.

2) moved to force india mid season. Of course I had better times than I would if I stayed in marussia (because of kers), but I wasn't able to even match my teammate! 1-3 seconds slower per lap! I qualified in 14th-17th, while Di Resta 5th-11th. Always!

3) started 2nd season and still 3 seconds per lap slower than my teammate (di resta).

So, I have decided to make a huge search in web, and found LOTS of people on the same situation. However, the last posts on this bug was from december/2012. So, any solutions? Anyone has any ideas?

Please, help!!!
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

You might want to think about installing a database or AI mod. maybe someone has adjusted some of the drivers strengths and weaknesses.

Be aware that you should always backup folders/files replaced by mod, and that any database mod will prevent you from playing the game in an online multiplayer race. Single player will be OK.

If you do play multiplayer, you would have to restore the original database before playing.

Have a look though the F1 2012 mods and see if anything matches your requirement :)

3. Yeah, thank you for the reply, but I don't think that this is the fix... First of all, I play on PS3, so no mods... Also, the first season, before the team changing, is ok! So, no, I don't think it will solve this bug. But thank you a lot for trying help!

Any additional suggestions?
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I am afraid not ..... consoles don't generally enter my stream of conciousness ;)

(I never think of them :D)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

What level AI are you playing against? Legend? I dropped mine after the first season to Pro because i was much faster than the slow teams, but couldn't compete with the middle teams. I'm enjoying my second season much more now that i've dropped the AI down a notch
  6. Yes, legend. And this is exactly what happens: much faster than slowers, but 2-3 seconds to the others. Its absurd! :(
    I restarted my career on force india, just to check if the problem was with me, but i qualyfied 0.5s faster than my teammate, and was faster than him on the race every lap! So, BUG :(