1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Mid Season Report Card

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Andrew Wood, May 31, 2017.

1. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Just a little fun topic to reflect and grade your driving so far this year. Here are some questions:

1) Based on your preseason expectations, how do you feel you have been performing? Choose "subpar", "as expected" or "exceeded" and explain.

2) What race left you feeling the most proud? Explain why ...

3) What race left you feeling the most disappointed? Explain why ...

4) Name one driver that you feel has been performing better than you perceived and explain why.

5) Name one driver that you feel has been disappointing this season and explain why.

6) Which driver do you think has improved the most from the beginning of the season until now?

7) At the moment, who is your rival on track?

8) Lastly, please give yourself a letter grade with respect to your performances this season - A+ being the highest and F being the worst.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Always loved homework...

1) Based on your preseason expectations, how do you feel you have been performing? Choose "subpar", "as expected" or "exceeded" and explain.
    Exceeded: my pace has been better than expected. And after Canada I had finished on the podium in every race I had started. But Baku, I crashed, Austria, I crashed, Silverstone, mucked up strategy to put me at the back, and Hungary, I crashed. Season has gone off the rails in the last 4 races that's for sure.

Australia. Having 'dealt' with Mikey, I was all out on my own at the front and pace was really solid. Until the SC of course and Alex and Mazais didn't get a delta. Brilliant.

Baku. Went for the pass that would have been for the net lead and instead took a chunk out of the pit wall.

4) Name one driver that you feel has been performing better than you perceived and explain why.
    @GuytheGuy17 had a really strong start to the season. Pace in AUS and BAH was such that he kept good pace with the likes of Alex and Mikey. Recent races from Monaco onwards haven't really gone his way unfortunately but he has a lot more pace than what we saw at the back end of last season.

5) Name one driver that you feel has been disappointing this season and explain why.
    @Mitchell Haverlag 1 podium is it? From a guy who took on the pad god that is lynchy. Needs to have a race with 0 f**k ups.

6) Which driver do you think has improved the most from the beginning of the season until now?
    I guess @TomAJ91 is the most obvious answer, making the move from assists to being fairly competitive pace-wise. @Bcolli186 is another name I would throw in there.

I have always seen it as @HRacingGreen this season. Although I haven't seen him on track since Silverstone when we just worked our way through the field which was more of a joint effort tbh.

8) Lastly, please give yourself a letter grade with respect to your performances this season - A+ being the highest and F being the worst.
    B-
    Some quick driving
    Some idiotic driving.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  3. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +80
    Subpar definetly, since Spain my performances have been rather shocking except of austria, i am not happy at all with how the season has went and hope for a fresh start on my home soil

Spain, because i got pole position in Intermediate Conditions!!

Hungary because my performance was unacceptable and Bahrain becaus ei lost the win due to a stupid penalty

Mikey has done incredible this season, last season he seemed to be a little bit off the Top three, but this year he is the Man to beat, top job by him!

i'd say myself, but i have to go with jerry and mitchell bc jerry ennded last season in P3 with a fantastic drive and this season he had really rotten luck, while mitchell seems to be in his own way most of the time, after last season being in the title fight for so long. I'd say that i would put myself in this list aswell.

In the last races Andrew really came to life in quali and the race, but bcolli is improving as well from race to race!

tbh it's more myself then anyone else, but looking at the last races it was definetly @Sean van Belkom

D+

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Wow Wow x 1
  4. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +11

I'm not sure, I think id have to go with exceeded. Going from doing 5 lappers in public lobbies with all assists to non except racing line on corner I feel I'm getting quicker every race.

Probably Spain, it has been the worst track for me but I was on for 3rd, then Drew took that from me then a penalty from the last lap put me down to 6th. But I'll take 6th

Austria without a doubt, I honestly had the pace for 3rd place or maybe 2nd but I got a puncture on lap 7 which put me from 3rd to last and got back to 13th or 14th

From what Ive seen its either Alex or Wooly, Alex is in there because of that 1 stop in Austria. Madness

I'd say Sean, I've spent a lot of time with him in practice runs and he is so so fast. I dont know how he hasnt got a podium yet

Probably me xD

Its too early to tell at the moment

I'll go with D+

5. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    Exceeded so far, pace has been great.

I never would have expected Desimpele to be this high up, the pace at Hungary surprised me.

Probably Alex, having finished runner up in AOR, being only 3rd in this field is disappointing. Pay driver.

B

6. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    id say exceeded: because i never did 50% races and never know the setups and strategys so im happy with my results except hungary

id say Baku: its my favourite circuit and i was pretty good there with 5th place

hungary definitley: was practicing for days know the strategy very well but got held up at the beginning and got crasht so my race was ruined

id say Andrew because the last races he was very good never expect that

id say Alex: he is a very good driver and the last races he was dropping big. maybe bad luck is playing right now

id say me because im drove for a long time 5 lap lobbies and never did endurance races

i have no idea cant tell at the moment

id say c+

7. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979

Exceeded. I came into this season expecting to do better than last season, that's just how I am, but the way I've started was beyond what I could imagine.

Russia - I don't think I've driven such a dominant weekend on any F1 game.

Austria - Because I got caught out with delayed lights and managed to battle back on a short track with no Safety Car to finish 2nd.

Canada - Had good pace and then DNF'd in a really slow speed accident. Even more bemusing considering the incident me and Shellay had yesterday in Hungary and neither DNF'd.

Andrew - I know he's been making progress year on year but the second half of the start of the season he's been terrific. That's 3 podiums in 5 races!

Alex - I actually feel cheap saying this but I think Alex was many people's favourite for this season and he's just fulfilled his potential yet. Once he gets into a rhythm though he will be very hard to beat.

Bcolli - Compared to the first few races the progress has been night and day!

It seems to change from race to race at the moment, nobody really has that consistency nailed. There's any one from Alex, Karl, Shellay, Harry, RBOS and Drew.

A half season of 2 halves... First half was a B- based on results and driving but from Russia forward its an A

8. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    My turn!

Exceeded. At just the halfway point in this season, I have so far matched the amount of podiums that I achieved for the entirety of last season. I should have had maybe one or two more as well that I let slip away earlier on this season, but I am satisfied with where I currently stand.

A toss up between Spain and Britain. I will have to go with Spain as I had insane pace and passed so many cars at the end of the race to take my first podium of the season. Britain my pace was stellar as well but had to tire save and slow my pace down to defend my spot - but both races were excellent for me.

Austria. My lack of pace for that race was completely inexplicable - especially in the first couple of laps where to the outside viewer it looks like I was in a place where I didn't belong. I was never able to recover and barely scrounged up some points at the end of it all. To this moment it still remains a mystery to me and I have this round coming up this weekend in a different league, so I need to get that sorted.

4) Name one driver that you feel has been performing better than you perceived and explain

Karl / a lot of bad luck may have given me a bad first impression about him but I am impressed with how much dominance he has shown in the races that he has indeed been out front for in recent races. I also want to add that I'm pleased with the amount of forum contribution he's put in lately that is showing a more fun side of him.

Harry / I understand that he is racing without the race line this season and is looking to perfect that and there would be hiccups along the way, but I am still surprised at some of the lack of race pace and poor decision making he has had thus far. I would think that he would have gotten at least 2-3 race wins by now.

Tom / like he previously mentioned - going from racing in demolition derby 5 lap races to jumping head first in to a competitive league of no-assists and on the brink of scoring points each week cannot be ignored. I liked this guy from the first moment in terms of his determination and eagerness to fight at the top of the grid and though there were some really low spots along the way, I think he sees how much he can really enjoy a good competitive race. This guy will get a podium before the year is up, I guarantee it.

Like Mikey said, it seems to change from week to week and I think that is a good thing. If I had to narrow it down, I'd have to unfortunately say my teammate, Mitchell, seems to be really close to me on track almost every week. I also find that I scrap with Mazais a lot these days as well.

A- Much better than I had expected but only not a higher grade because I have not achieved that race win yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    Only done 3 races but here it goes :p
    Expected/Exceeded, in between them
    Austria, would have had 2nd or 3rd if I didn't mess up, on my debut
    Britain, taught me to turn the proximity arrows on :p
    Don't really know after 3 races but I'll just say Karl based off what I do know
    Alex, based off what I know I believe he is is the fastest driver here (2nd in AOR last season after all), surprised he's so far off first, don't know how much is down to luck though
    Wouldn't have a clue :p
    Tom after Hungary, was like we had a magnet joining us together that race ;)
    B-

10. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    If you ask preseason, then I say exceeded. As Australia was my 2nd league race with a wheel and I only had 3 days with the wheel until that point, tbh I was happy with points preseason, it's insane how far I am already. Now when you ask start of the season; I noticed quite fast that I got quick quite fast with the wheel and I could compete for whatever position and therefor I think the results have let me down overall so then it would be subpar.

Pfff, probably Monaco. That track is just hateful with a pad and to go there and have such a brilliant pace with the wheel straight away was an amazing feeling on itself.

Again Monaco, because I always should have won that one if it wasn't for the backmarker (no offense).

Both wooly & Andrew if I'm completely honest; I didn't expect Wooly to be topping the championship with this margin, I thought he'd be up there, just not leading by that much. And I didn't expect Andrew to be a consistent podium scorer but I don't mind being proven wrong lol. I also prove people wrong so I don't mind ;)

Got to be Alex & Raimith right? Just expected better results from them really...

Hmm maybe I should have said Jerry in the performing better part and then Andrew here, because it's more lately that Andrew has been scoring consistent podiums and I have been surprised to see Jerry up there with the best at times.

If I plan to want that title, it has got to be wooly right... I just hope we leave eachother space when we get close because I feel I've been let down so far on that part on a couple of occasions.

For results I would say 7/10 and for performances I'd say 9/10 considering the time put into it obviously. Ow yeah, I don't know that grading system and I'm a rebel, sue me :p

• Like Like x 1