F1 2013 Microsoft Wired Feedback Steering Wheel

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I have tried a search of the forums and hope this question isn't a repeat...

Basically, I am hanging on to the wired force feedback wheel from Microsoft because it's been loyal to me for many years and I'm very comfortable with it (cue to breaking tonight). I know from the sticky and other posts that it isn't supported by F1 2013, but it does work.

I wanted to ask whether anyone knew what settings for supported wheels would be most accurate for it, or if there are any suggested settings to use specifically for this wheel?

Thanks for your time..

No not that old! Think I got it back in 2007 or 8, so fairly old though. I should have said it is the Xbox wired one, I suppose it claims to be wireless but... oh wait, I think the penny may have just dropped. I think it was claimed to be wireless back in the day, because you don't have to plug it into the console, but you do have to plug it into the mains to make the feedback work and the pedals also are wired to the wheel, so you have two 'wireless' wires.

I assumed the wireless steering wheel was that new wii-like monstrosity?

No not that old! Think I got it back in 2007 or 8, so fairly old though. I should have said it is the Xbox wired one, I suppose it claims to be wireless but... oh wait, I think the penny may have just dropped. I think it was claimed to be wireless back in the day, because you don't have to plug it into the console, but you do have to plug it into the mains to make the feedback work and the pedals also are wired to the wheel, so you have two 'wireless' wires.

I assumed the wireless steering wheel was that new wii-like monstrosity?

AHH, yes, that wheel works with the game. But of course if you are on the PC you will not get any FFB.
that shitty one without the throttle or brake pedals is often referred to as the U wheel i think.... and it's useless as far as i can tell.

as for in game wheel setting i use:

FFB

Cool I'll give the 40 a go, the rest of the settings are the standard but I've always used suggestions on here up until this game and they have instantly made the steering better.

I've got the game on the xbox so I get the feedback, doesn't feel as good as the previous year though, could be the wheel giving up the ghost though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back