Michael Schumacher

Michael knows how to drive an F1 car with or without tc so he doesnt need a test in the car, if he's the amazing person everyone makes him out to be then he should do well regardless of whether he's driven the car before or not

As a fan of racing in general, I am looking forward to seeing Schumacher back in F1, in fact I can hardly wait. I'll be applauding from my living room if he does well but I'll lose no sleep if he goes into a wall either.

I don't think Frank is afraid of Ferrari putting Schumacher in the car, Frank has plenty of other reasons to deny any request by Ferrari. Ferrari have made a choice in putting a retired driver in their car when they could have selected either of two test drivers who have actually been in the 09 car at some point this year. They've made their bed, Frank and co have tucked them in and now they'll have to lie in it, I just hope it's a good show.

Ferrari International Assistance (FIA)
facepalm.jpg

I don't think that should be the problem for Michael to get used to any f1 or racing car on the scheduled testing sessions... It only would be a safety testing because he didn't drive for 2 years, and 35 laps at mugello means nothing. Algersuari didn't get testing permission also, but hey he's an active driver! I think it's only some afraid of him (msc)...
I think if a complete novice can get into an f1 car for the first time at a race weekend and manage to drive safely, then a seven times world champion who didn't stop that long ago should be fine. Any safety issues will be caused by a banzai attitude knowing that there's no championship at stake.

Yea I don't think Michael should get any special treatment over anyone else, no testing means no testing.

Frank gets one over Ferrari and FOTA for kicking them out. :good:

So if he is a little biased, still doesnt change anything about the facts that the FIA is normally more then helpful towards Ferrari.

:that:

signed !

Jean Todt for new FIA President :fingers-crossed: :in-love:

I see good times comming for Ferrari... Only thing is, who is going to watch than anymore F1 ? :question:

PS: Its my personal opinion, so please don't delete it. :handshake:

I am biased certainly, but It is undeniable that the FIA are biased towards Ferrari. Even as recently as the last grand prix...

Remember: Webber was under investigation IMMEDIATLY after his dangerous release
Rakkionen was under investigation AFTER THE RACE despite the incident in question taking place WITHIN THE FIRST LAP! and also he wasn't punished for a clear smack that severely hampered Vettel's race

Fair... I think not

That wasn't Raikonen's fault... Vettel's wing touched Raikkonen's car, he couldn't have seen him, and he had no room and was forced to move over. It's happened nearly EVERY race now. The wide wings are a nuisance.

If it was Hamilton doing the same thing, would you be singing the same tune?

• Bert Van Waes

If I remember correctly a certain Nigel Mansell also came out of retirement and did very well in the races he competed in and he was a lot more out of shape than MS.
So I believe MS is at least handy enough in a Ferrari to score a few podiums.
:) And at the moment F1 needs somthing like this as it is in a bad place at the moment.

1991? lol i just checked back to that season, great racing memories. Senna versus Nigel. And the good old Nigel always ready to talk, smile and joke around. The godly Senna and the dark Prost, with his frowned eyebrows. Michael Schumacher debut with Jordan. Eddie Jordan debut as a little nerd. Patresi,....
A season to remember... This will be like that too. This season already did so much for the nearby future, you'll see :)

• Bert Van Waes

That wasn't Raikonen's fault... Vettel's wing touched Raikkonen's car, he couldn't have seen him, and he had no room and was forced to move over. It's happened nearly EVERY race now. The wide wings are a nuisance.

If it was Hamilton doing the same thing, would you be singing the same tune?

You're again wright Mark, they wouldn't be singing the same tune, they know that, we know that,...

The problem is this is only with ferrari. You have the fans and the anti fans. The anti fans blaming FIA to be fans too. The fans blaming the anti fans being only anti Ferrari and looking for smushes, lol.

This will maybe once end if another constructor wins seven times with a driver. Then it's time to change the focus to that team and start blaming them for stuff done wrong... I think it's rather in a human being to act like this,...

Remember guys, parties are threatening to leave F1 if Ferrari leave. If Ferrari are at the back of the grid all the time, fans will leave, and so will sponsors, because Ferrari IS F1 (apparently)... I don't agree with this, but FIA have to be careful where they stand at the moment. Right now, I don't se much bias or favouritism thankfully.

Only gripe I had against FIA this season was penalising Webber after a love tap with Barrichello, over the top. He didnt affect Rubens' race. Then again, Webber did manage to win anyway :p

From ITV-F1.com

Helmet manufacturer Schuberth has reacted to Felipe Massa’s Hungarian Grand Prix accident by developing an upgraded version of the design used by the Ferrari driver.

Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher will launch the new model later this month at the European GP in Valencia, where he is set to return to Formula 1 as a high-profile stand-in for his former team-mate Massa.

The Brazilian suffered a fractured skull and brain concussion after being hit in the head by a spring weighing 800g that had detached itself from the rear suspension of Rubens Barrichello’s Brawn car.

Although Massa’s lightweight carbon fibre helmet stood up well to the impact – testifying to the efficacy of stringent safety standards introduced by the FIA in 2004 – the left visor mounting was knocked off.

Schuberth has therefore reinforced the mounting point between the helmet and visor with a titanium disc, a change it says will double the strength of the mounting.

“Felipe’s visor only came off when the doctors pulled on it,” Schuberth’s Oliver Schimpf told German newspaper Bild.

“But we have inserted a titanium disc at the transition from the visor to the helmet where before there was only plastic.

“It is a reaction to the accident.”

Schumacher’s new €12,000 Schuberth RF1 lid sports a revised livery designed by Jens Munser, with a barcode-style cluster of white stripes below the top white band and some Mandarin script on a black background behind the visor on either side.

On the right side of the helmet, the names of Schumacher and his son Mick are written in Chinese characters, while the names of his wife Corinna and daughter Gina Maria appear on the right side and a dragon adorns the rear.

The seven stars denoting his record number of F1 world titles remain on the top of the helmet.

Attachments

• 54664_2.jpg
    54664_2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 374
  • Michael+Schumacher+Tests+IDM+International+U0hIhLt_Febl.jpg
    Michael+Schumacher+Tests+IDM+International+U0hIhLt_Febl.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 445

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.