1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

Michael Schumacher gets 10-place grid penalty

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 3
  2. "I was braking but the deceleration was not as strong as it usually would be, and I could not avoid running into the car in front of me.”

I love when excuses from the RL drivers are the same as we simracers used as rookies. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

yep. not, i braked to late and locked up ...no no, that would be a sign of fault and weakness..." I accept responsibility but I need to find out why this happened..."lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. a no sense comeback. Come on Schumi, you know it's your last season. :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bram

Bram

I really wish he can win at least one race before he retires again. Otherwise it feels incomplete.

• Like Like x 7
  6. he was prolly thinking to himself "i reckon it was about this time last year when i ran into the back of someone here, i must make sure that i dont.......................OH CRAP!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Whoopsie doo, he outbraked himself probably on less than optimum tyre pressures, brake temps.....he made a mistake, that doesn't make him past it ffs, he is allowed to make mistakes regardless of whether he is 40 something or not.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Highly doubt it. Mercedes just doesn't have the car to challenge for a podium, let alone a win right now. But yes, it just wouldn't feel right having him leave without a win. :(

9. He should have won in Monaco but they robbed him of pole.

10. he has robbed so many wins during his career in Ferrari. I don't feel pity for Michael, he broke almost all the records in F1, it's time to retire for good now.

11. yup , its time retire but Formula 1 without Schumaher misses heavy driver ; although he does not win or takes any podiums but he pleases me alot

• Like Like x 1
  12. it is a great pleasure to see schumaher taking a podium , especially the first place:)

13. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Think he'd been practising on his Fanatec pedals at home and had the sensitivity of the brake turned up too high... Got used to braking later on the Xbox/PS3/PC game! lol ;)

14. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Erm, what car was Nico driving in China then?

15. Schumacher was running second before he was forced to retire.

By the basis that he's past it because he made an error in judgement, I am waiting for Hamilton, Grosjean and Maldonado's retirement announcements any minute now.

For goodness' sake, he may have been near perfect in the past, but everyone makes mistakes. Drama queen Central I tell ya!

• Like Like x 1
  16. He did say "right now" at this point in the season its usually the big 3 that take the overwhelming lead in the development race. This year Mercedes has already dropped off in that race and their results show it.

17. Schumi robbing wins during his ferrari era? Lol, i hope you guys know he had a competitive car, also you might as well feel sorry, after all he is a 7 time world champion thru several phases of changes F1 endured, so him not having a win after all theae years does show pity.

18. Bram

Bram

Everybody who saw MSC making his debut in the 7up Jordan at Spa-Francorchamps in 1874 immediately recognized the surplus of talent of the young German.

A driver robbing wins is certainly not how I would classify a seven times world champion.

• Like Like x 3
  19. No wonder he has 7 titles, if he's been driving for 138 years.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I'm not a fan of MSC but still, his achievements are the wet dream of every current, former and future Formula 1 driver.

Sure, he made mistakes - who didn't? Did he repeat them? Sometimes.

Did he show great sportsmanship yesterday? Yes, he did. Actually just 24 hours ago when he got out of the car and immediately apologized to Vergne followed by a pat on the back.

Every driver is making mistakes and if we really want to think about the worst case: what about Singapore 2008 and Alonso "winning" said GP? :)

• Like Like x 1