1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU MetalMoro @ Taruma - Tuesday March 8th 2016

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bram, Mar 4, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 08-03-16
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

MetalMoro.jpg
    Re-discover this vehicle in AMS. Not loved by many in Stock Car Extreme, this small prototype has a whole new feel that makes it potentially one of the coolest racing cars in Automobilista. Racing time :D

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join as a Premium Member
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Join as a Freemium Member
    If you haven't raced with us before and you'd like to register for a freemium account and race online at RaceDepartment for free for a full month, sign yourself up below. We have five slots reserved so first come first served..

How to connect to a server: click here
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
    RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU #1
    Cars: Metalmoro MR18
    Track: Taruma

Practice: 19:10 GMT (40 minutes)
    Qualifying: 19:50 GMT (10 minutes)
    Race: 20:00 GMT (50 minutes)

Entry List
    1. bömii
    2. Szymon Olizarowicz
    3. Steve Le Gallez
    4. Bram
    5. John Lock
    6. Kurupt CDN
    7. Martin Vindis
    8. Warren Schembri
    9. mycarlooksfast
    10. KAMPFBIBER81
    11. Franklin Stegink
    12. Dan ONeill
    13. MoerasGrizzly
    14. Theo van den Brink
    15. guml
    16. Chark
    17. Fred Locklear
    18. rktv
    19. Henry Rollins
    20. motecgovatar
    UTP 36

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. i'm in, please no chicane =D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bram

Bram

It's the standard layout :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

Ok, I hate to by that guy, but why this track? :( In a high downforce car it's almost an oval, in a 50min race we're gonna die of boredom. Sorry, hate to be a buzzkill, but was really looking forward to a race with this car. Maybe put the chicane in?

Sign me up as a maybe, need to sort out paypal today before I buy back my membership.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, i'm happy we might actually race that car, but this track... I swear if we at least don't put the chicane in I might fall asleep at 30min mark and crash somebody.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Premium Member

I'm in please

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bram

Bram

In as well.

7. John Lock

John Lock
    Lockinvar Premium Member

I'm in

8. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

BTW, in the interest of increasing participation, is it possible to change the track to Spa Francorchamps? I'm not asking purely from self-interested position (50min at Taruma can get monotonous; it's a short track), I genuinely think a lot more people will try this car if we combine it with a really popular track. Now if you guys want to stick to Taruma then I'm fine with it, just throwing it out there as a suggestion.

So far it looks like people aren't so enthusiastic compared to other sign up lists. And I am really hoping to maybe increase this car's 'popularity'. It's almost like a hidden gem in AMS.

9. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

Sign me up as a maybe and i am happy with the track.....spa has been done to death in every title i play, thats why i enjoy AMS so much for its different tracks

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bram

Bram

@Szymon Olizarowicz I am not going to run any add-on tracks in these early stages of the AMS racing club. We wan't to be open for all kinds of drivers: fast, slow, experienced and inexperienced and if I have learned one thing over the years is that the majority of sim racers don't dare to race online as they aren't familiar with their games.

Installing add-on content always is a huge barrier from some people, especially with steam games going 2500 levels deep in their folder structure.

So for the time, we have our hands full with the amazing amount of tracks this game has to offer and Taruma has proven itself to be a great little racing track for good battles.

11. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

Thats a bit of a weird reasoning considering that right now, in early access and beta, AMS is going to have less inexperienced drivers and more of a hardcore audience, but fair enough. I can understand not using add-ons if they have not been stress tested online beforehand or because they may have compatibility issues in early access, but other than that there is no real reason not to include them.

Also, you're really not giving people enough credit if you believe that throwing a couple of files into a proper folder is remotely difficult. For someone who just got into sim racing it's gonna be 100x more difficult to understand how to properly setup a wheel, controlls and FOV than how to copy and paste a couple of files.

EDIT: Anyway, still looking forward to this race and really appreciate that you guys want to feature this car in a club race, but daaaaamn I am so disappointed in the choice of track. Mostly because you really don't slow down here. 50 minutes of a race track where you barely use the brakes sounds pretty monotoneus to me. I get that as racers we go around in circles, but this effect compounds when you drive around a very short track and your foot on the pedal 90% of the time.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  12. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

Sign me up

13. Bram

Bram

I think that after running this site for almost 10 years and hosting a gazillion online races I am entitled to draw that conclusion. What might not be difficult for you can be extremely complicated.

You don't want to see all the forum and conversation messages or emails we receive on daily basis with such questions:
    • What is winrar, 7zip?
    • Why can't I install this mod on my Xbox/PS/console?
    • Why doesn't my game start anymore after installing a mod?
    • Where can I find my steam folder?
    • <insert 500 different variations>
    That's just a modding example :) How about: "My car's engine is broken when I drive out of the pits! #$#!#~!". Solution: tell a driver what a pit limiter is.

Believe me: it's difficult enough for many starting sim racers to get into this hobby and by keeping the events simple and free from entry barriers you receive the best result. Again, not saying we are never using add-on tracks. But they will not cover the majority of the events.

• Wow Wow x 1
  14. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

Fair enough, that does clear up some things. :D I honestly did not expect people to be this clueless...

On a different topic - what time (in game) is the race taking place? So far I have not found a way to change the time of day in AMS, though I wasn't looking for it specifically, and it just occured to me that if the race transitions into the night (like with the Minis last Friday) I may have to practice the track a bit more cause I suck at night races. ;)

15. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Sign me up please! :)

16. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

Tagging @xnorb cause not sure if he's seen this thread. ;) Probably yes, but better to make sure.

17. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

As much as I love the MM I gonna have to ask you to put me as a maybe. I'll try to be there.

18. mycarlooksfast

mycarlooksfast
    Premium Member

These are fun indeed! Add me please.

19. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium Member

In for a maybe. If I get home in time.

20. Sign me up please. See you on track.