1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Metalmoro MR18 @ Nordschleife - Sun 8 March 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Track: Nordschleife 24hr (Download)

Race 1
    Practice:
    19:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:10 GMT
    Warm up: 19:25 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race 1: 19:30 GMT (2 Laps) Fast Rolling Start

Race 2
    Practice:
    19:55 GMT
    Qualifying: 20:05 GMT
    Warm up: 20:20 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race 2 : 20:25 GMT (2 laps) Fast Rolling Start

You do not need to go around the entire track on an outlap. At the pit entry, instead of going left onto the Nordschleife, stay right.

[​IMG]

You must stay within the cones, much like the white line when you exit the pits. Begin your fast lap and have a clean pair of undies ready. Don't do this when you are on a timed lap or you will be DQd; return to the pits and go round again.

[​IMG]

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Note: If an admin is not present during this event, you can start a vote to progress to the next session. Stick to the published schedule! Do not restart a race! Take these instructions seriously; failure to follow them will result in racing suspensions.

Assists:
    Auto-Clutch

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

This race is for premium members only. For information on how we run our clubs, see here. You can upgrade your account here. Places in the race will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
    1. Andrew James [MAYBE]
    2. Marc Cabana
    3. Jörn Horbelt
    4. Arne Freiensehner
    5. Sam Hill
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Marc Cabana

Marc Cabana
    Premium Member

sign me in pls

3. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

I've done a few laps on this combo yesterday and it's bloody amazing, once you manage to get out of the box. Which can be a bit of a hassle as the car bottoms out and can get stranded like a whale in front of the pay-gates. Increasing ride height is a must, picking the left lane through the gates seemed to work best.

I'd love to be there but it's league night for us with a Bathurst Enduro that should be equally thrilling, hopefully :).

4. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yeah, that's why we are on the 24hr version for this race

5. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Not only i didn't notice but also didn't think of that option yesterday :redface:.

6. sign me up

7. Yuri

Yuri
    Yuri 'I get custom nicknames' Kasdorp Premium Member

in!
    @Tal come and git it :D

8. Dachsos

Dachsos
    Premium Member

sign me up please

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Server is up (sorry to put it up so late)

10. Yuri

Yuri

Sorry I forgot my stream for the Porsches, can't make it :(

11. Sam Hill

Sam Hill

Sorry it's late but sign me up please

12. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Sorry if you guys had issues at the start - it was set to fast rolling, so you wouldn't have needed to do a whole lap - it would have just rolled you down the start straight for a few seconds then race was on. Either way, sorry if it didn't work as it should have.

13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

I hope you guys managed to have a good race. I was going to take part, but due to maybe the update or just some fine tuning on the options and settings on my part I'm having real problems with the steering begin overly sensitive. The car is spinning on entry into the corners a lot of the time.

After about my 30th pirouette (I got a 5.9 for the last one :O_o:) I decided that enough was enough and saved my sanity. :roflmao:

14. Yuri

Yuri

Take a look at your steering lock in garage 1

• Beer Beer x 1
  15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Hi @Yuri

Yeah I tried increasing it from the default (up to 24 degrees, which is what I noticed on a shared setup once) but it seemed to make things worse, but I admit by that point my patience had run out! haha. Thanks, I will try later on :thumbsup:

16. you may try to reduce brake pressure and play around with brake balance

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

18. Yuri

Yuri

24 is quite high if you're on 540 degrees. If you have that set to a value too high the car reacts really quick to small wheel movements. I normally use around 20 but it's personal preference

19. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Many thanks for your suggestions everyone. All really helpful :)

Well the wheel rotation is 240 degrees. I think it's a case of getting that "feeling" right with the steering and at the moment I'm treading on tippy toes all the time. I can't attack the corner at all, which makes overtaking pretty tough.

By way of contrast in AC I can really attack the apex and it feels great.

Just need to experiment I think and see what works :thumbsup: