1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Metalmoro MR18 Endurance @ Spielberg GP - Fri 10 July 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Metalmoro-2.jpg
    This weekend the European Le Mans Series runs at the Red Bull Ring, so here is our own virtual endurance version! Be sure to read all the info in this thread before signing up.

Track: Spielberg GP

Practice: 18:00 GMT
    Quali: 18:15 GMT (15 minutes)
    Warm-up: 18:30 (5 minutes)
    Race: 18:35 GMT approx - 90 minutes - 1 Pit Stop Mandatory to change all 4 tyres.
    90 minutes endurance means you won't win the race on lap 1, so please drive safely and respect others on track.

Tyre Wear & Fuel Consumption: Normal
    Time Scale: x1
    Start: Standing/Rolling - SEE SPECIAL NOTES

Special Notes MUST READ
    The race start will be set to standing, however the first lap is not a racing lap - we will do a manual rolling start! When the lights go out, wait for the car ahead of you to pull away, and then gently follow them. The leaders are expected to maintain a reasonable pace not exceeding 100kph! Stay behind the car ahead, no weaving around, no brake testing. When coming back onto the start/finish straight, close the field back up, stick to your side of the grid, driving over the grid boxes. The green flag is deemed to have dropped the moment the leading cars cross the start finish line at the end of the formation lap - only then can you all speed up and race, overtake, etc. When signing up please indicate you have read these special notes about the start, or you won't be signed up.

You'll need to pit for a change of all 4 tyres during the race. When pitting, keep to the right when coming out of the final turn to avoid incidents. This track has some connecting corners where it can be difficult to overtake; if you come up behind a back marker, please be patient and give them some time to let you pass safely. Back markers, please be attentive to blue flags and cater to them as soon as it is safe to do so.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

This race is for premium members only. For information on how we run our clubs, see here. You can upgrade your account here. Places in the race will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
    1. Andrew James
    2. Jonathan Menéndez
    3. Tal Segal
    4. Mark Breslin
    5. Matej Lakota
    6. Franco Becagli
    7. Jörn Horbelt
    8. Joao Fernandes
    9. Kreshnik Halili
    10. Charles Baccio
    11. Calum McLure
    12. Michael Klein
    13. Tobias Röhner
    14. Free Slot
    15. Free Slot
    16. Free Slot
    17. Free Slot
    18. Free Slot
    19. Free Slot
    20. Free Slot
    21. Free Slot
    22. Free Slot
    23. Free Slot
    24. Free Slot
    25. Free Slot
    26. Free Slot
    27. Free Slot
    28. Free Slot

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. I read the entire post, and I am in :).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Just a note for people using an overlay; it may not work with these cars. rfdynhud doesn't appear when using the MR18s. Use your LCD and the default options instead.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

sign me up

5. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Did you read the race info?

6. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

no (I didn't not read the info)

7. Mark Breslin

Mark Breslin
    Premium Member

Not my favourite car, but I do like these long, long long races!!
    I've read the info, plz sign me up @Nox :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I`ve read, but because I haven˙t driven this car much so far, I would like to know if we have to refuel too or there is enough fuel to complete the race (I am all day at work again so I can not try it by myself right now :unsure:)?

Sign me up, please.

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I can't remember off hand but I believe you'll need to refuel. I'll do some laps sometime in the next few days and let you know my fuel consumption.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Great, I used your fuel recommendation also last night, because GID, DynHUD or something else to see fuel consumption per lap simply doesn˙t work for me with this game.

11. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Sorry Andrew, I have another one. Which (if any) aids will be available?

12. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Auto-Clutch only.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Sounds cool, never driven these cars before so will give them a go on Monday then will probably sign up :thumbsup:

14. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Thanks to you Andrew :thumbsup:
    Just a small upgrade. Go lower with both front Bumps and Rebounds for click or two and also lower rear spring rate under 200. Car is now a bit understeary at the exits from corners, but overall feeling is much better :)

16. Franco Becagli

Franco Becagli
    Premium Member

sign me up please:thumbsup:

17. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Have you read the race thread please?

18. Franco Becagli

Franco Becagli
    Premium Member

yes I have

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

@Matej Lakota this is a rough estimate; I did 10 laps running about 2.10 litres per lap; I estimate 59/60 laps in the race so 2.10 Litres x 60 laps = 126 litres minimum for the race. Of course, other people don't have the same racing style as me, so this should just be a guide, and the first lap will be slower so will use less fuel.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. read and ready

• Like Like x 1