Mercedes Top Times as Testing Begins

i agree its not simply about difficulty to overtake. its about close racing & having a chance to overtake (without an artificial 15kmh advantage, or a 1.5 km straight, or both being necessary). if F1 wants spectacle as they claim, aggressive, hard driving must be rewarded. it sounds like a big step has been made as far as the tires go, but its quite disheartening that the new regs still encourage cars to be designed in such a way that they can't chase position without turning into fat bars of soap at crucial corners.

http://cliptheapex.com/overtaking/

In Dutch football terms we call this a "Success supporter".

So I say I'm changing allegiance solely because I hate the way the fin looks and the Dutch would conclude it has to do with the success of the team instead? I see why people say the things they do about the Dutch. :D

(And anyway, I was kidding - as I am about the Dutch - which is why I put the green smiley there at the end. If you want the truth, so long as the blood in my veins runs red, I'm a Ferrari fan. ;) )

So I say I'm changing allegiance solely because I hate the way the fin looks and the Dutch would conclude it has to do with the success of the team instead? I see why people say the things they do about the Dutch. :D

(And anyway, I was kidding - as I am about the Dutch - which is why I put the green smiley there at the end. If you want the truth, so long as the blood in my veins runs red, I'm a Ferrari fan. ;) )
Since you are Dutch, I am going to extend this! :)
So if I do not like the away (or home) shirt of Ajax this year, I should become a Feyenoord fan? :p

In Dutch football terms we call this a "Success supporter".
lol. Exact my thoughts. :thumbsup:

God, I wish I have back all those years I support Jacques Villeneuve since 2000. I've started that year, believe it or not.
You know how they say "through good and bad" well with him it was more like "through bad and worse". :x3:
But I hold my ground firm. :cool: And I'm proud of that. :geek:

And, while you're still Dutchman...:D is it really true what they say about you guys...

"Going Dutch" is a term that indicates that each person participating in a group activity pays for themselves, rather than any person paying for anyone else, particularly in a restaurant bill. It is also called Dutch date, Dutch treat (the oldest form) and "doing Dutch".

:rolleyes::laugh:

God, I wish I have back all those years I support Jacques Villeneuve since 2000. I've started that year, believe it or not.
You know how they say "through good and bad" well with him it was more like "through bad and worse". :x3:

Oh man, tell me about it. :rolleyes: I supported JV in Champcar and when he moved into F1 my girlfriend got me some stuff from his 'official f1 fan club'. Happily I gave up on him after he moved to BAR and exchanged any chance of success for gobs of cash.

I was going through some old boxes just two weeks ago and found my JV Fan Club sticker and certificate :roflmao:. Went straight into the bin.

Shame really, because I still consider Gilles to be one of the top 3 best F1 drivers. Apparently a lovely, humble guy, who threw his heart and soul ... and life into racing as hard as anyone could. Seems the total opposite of how his offspring turned out. :unsure:

lol. Exact my thoughts. :thumbsup:

But I hold my ground firm. :cool: And I'm proud of that. :geek:

And, while you're still Dutchman...:D is it really true what they say about you guys...

"Going Dutch" is a term that indicates that each person participating in a group activity pays for themselves, rather than any person paying for anyone else, particularly in a restaurant bill. It is also called Dutch date, Dutch treat (the oldest form) and "doing Dutch".

:rolleyes::laugh:
Well, it ain't much if it ain't dutch

Oh man, tell me about it. :rolleyes: I supported JV in Champcar and when he moved into F1 my girlfriend got me some stuff from his 'official f1 fan club'. Happily I gave up on him after he moved to BAR and exchanged any chance of success for gobs of cash.
I was going through some old boxes just two weeks ago and found my JV Fan Club sticker and certificate :roflmao:. Went straight into the bin.
Shame really, because I still consider Gilles to be one of the top 3 best F1 drivers. Apparently a lovely, humble guy, who threw his heart and soul ... and life into racing as hard as anyone could. Seems the total opposite of how his offspring turned out. :unsure:
We're going into off topic now but let's hope mods will stay away for this topic.
I'm sorry to hear you're so disappointed with JV.
Maybe I've sounded like that when I look back but it's wasn't my thoughts really.

JV was quite fierce when he was young, should I remind you if you if you're fan really... that great first CART year, with 2nd place in ndy500, champion winning second year with WIN in Indy500, great first F1 year, with pole on first race and almost win but oil leak forced him to slow down and let Damon go, amazing second F1 year, taking championship while beating M.Schumacher in famous Jerez battle, then actually great from drivers point (he even said the he drive better that year than year before) '98 year but Williams just wasn't there and then...
(and I have to once again disagree with you, it wasn't all about money JV really believes that BAR could make a change it was all american team after all, so wouldn't that be great? - should we say now that Alonso look for a money and he never really believed in McLaren project? it was the same then for JV. too bad for him, it turns out bad. it could be different though but it wasn't up to him, not like the other driver in team manage to do better)
...comes that BAR contract, he stick with the team through bad and worse even though he had some great offers for '00 and '01.

Guess we're not the same type of fans after all...

Don't get me wrong. I was a McLaren fan for 24 years. And when JV was in CART (oopsy about the Champcar misspeaking) I was super excited and followed him closely. And when he came close to winning the '96 F1 WDC I was even more chuffed. Having a successful Canadian in F1 was great. I still remember watching Melbourne 96, and feeling robbed of a maiden win.

But the whole move to BAR seemed like such a long shot/bad idea from the very beginning. I was never a fan of Craig Pollock and it seemed to me JV could have found a better drive given his age and his success. As for Fernando - well he had/has nowhere else to go (but I'm sure he'd love to be anywhere else at this point). Yes, he's getting paid a ridiculous amount of money to put up with years of humiliation - but I would guess that he'd hop into a competitive car for free at the moment.

I think my opinion of JV has been further darkened by his attitude post racing career. He always seems critical and dismissive of everything going on in F1 now - arrogant without being constructive or diplomatic in the least.

I liked Lewis's style and on-track attitude right from the beginning. He had the same ballsy try-anythig enthusiasm paired with considerable skill that Senna and GV displayed. And now Max is on the scene. I really enjoy watching him (also my in-laws are dutch). Once Lewis retires I would guess Max will be the next driver I'd support.

Since 2010 McLaren was getting less and less appealing - but not because of their on track lack of success. Dennis of old was a great character. But in the last decade I just find him arrogant - which only works when you are successful. By the time they ditched Whitmarsh I had really had enough of McLaren - so I have no issues supporting Hamilton at Merc. I couldn't imagine trying to force myself to be a Macca fan these years. I sincerely hope they get themselves sorted, but only because of their history in the sport. But I feel the same way about Williams.

I was excited about Stroll and having a Canadian back in F1 - but well .... fingers crossed I guess. So far there are too many similarities to Maldonado (and not just the testing shunts). Early days though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%