Mercedes to leave Formula One?

Via TeamVVV I found the following article on the internet:
It claims that Mercedes is close to leaving Formula One:

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12472/7737715/Mercedes-close-to-quitting-F1-

According to you, how big is the chance that this will happen? If so, what are your opinions?

I personally would find this dramatic, because it finally seems that Mercedes have found the place where they want to be. Having had 2 years behind them they are now able to challenge for podiums and even Grand Prix wins and it would be sad to see the team and both Rosberg and Schumacher go.

I think it's an over-reaction as they've only been around for 3 and a bit years (including the Brawn GP year) but at the same time I fail to see why Red Bull get a seat. I think it's purely money-driven, with Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull being the 3 wealthiest teams.
I think Williams deserve a seat over Red Bull.

I understand their 'history' in F1 in the 50s and 60s but other than that, they're an engine supplier.
They're not on par with McLaren, Ferrari or Williams when it comes to history and contribution to F1 as a constructor.

All they're doing is trying to force their way onto the board, Nothing more than a threat. Its like when Ferrari said they would leave.
This seems to be the most plausible explanation.

However, I find it a bit strange that this story comes from The Times. The story that Mercedes isn't happy about the fact it's being disadvantaged compared to the other top teams isn't exactly new. Non-specific F1 media often pick up stuff like that and then try to find their own explanations for them. I'd say it's possible that The Times was merely speculating based on what was already known.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back