1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercedes Gullwing 2011

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by William Yunck, May 6, 2009.

1. According to Automobile magazine, the 750 hp supercar, reportedly due to be slotted into the AMG lineup above the SL65 in 2011, will have the AMG-built 6.2 (6.3) liter V8, tweaked with a pair of turbos and linked to a seven-speed, dual-clutch tranny. The suspension will be mechanical.

Attached Files:

2. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Uhhh thats disgusting!
  3. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Might Grow on me Like 2009 F1 Cars. :)
  4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

It looks like a revival of the old classic Mercedes 300SL Gull Wing from the 60's (probably one of the most valuable and sought after collector cars of all time :) ).
  5. I like that, looks retro but modern at the same time... and its got 750hp :D

I reckon it will be like the SLR, when its first out people just think meh, its a quick Merc but after a year or two people really start to like it, especially the way it looks.

6. They did try to base the design on the 300SL. I actually kind of like it. My friend's dad had a 300SL and sold it when it was 5 years old. He has hated himself ever since. :)
  7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'll bet he is kicking himself. Those old Merc's are as rare as hens teeth, and are worth an absolute fortune, probably one of the most valuable collector cars in the world (provided it is in good condition).
  8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

League Staff note: W. Dawes is not allowed to use this car in the RDHGP.
  9. This is no match for the original. Looks like it was designed with the help of a computer game by a bunch of adolescents.

The original was made by artists.
  10. Pieter Theron

Pieter Theron
    Premium Member

Never been a fan of the SLR kinda shape and this one doesn't do it for me either. Somehow the Ferrari and Lambo variant shapes have been around for so long and it just work...the Merc...well for me they are trying too hard...but that is just my opinion...:skywalker:
  11. I like it. But the back end needs some work.
  12. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba
    #9 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

I don't know if its just me, but it looks like a cross between a 350Z and an S2000... I can't say I like it at all.
  13. Here is the original and a concept for a gullwing reincarnation, I actually like the concept a lot - Merc should have made that car instead of the one at the beginning of this thread. :)

Attached Files:

14. Here are a few more of that concept:

Attached Files:

15. Just the same feeling when i saw it for the first time. It's without any form of taste... Yuk!
  16. is it me or are those 2 pics of the rear, they look different designs?

cant make my mind up if it looks georgous or horrible.

Edit: just realised ones AMG :lol:
  17. Those are much better than this.