1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mercedes buys Brawn GP - Button to McLaren

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Mike Hill, Nov 16, 2009.

1. as on the BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

2. sexeh!

3. assuming its all true, then its an unbelieveably good deal for McLaren - Free engines for 6 years, the last 2 world champions as their drivers, and they get to own all of themselves again!

As for Brawn GP, Its great that it means that the team will stay there, but its a shame that they are not gonna stay as an independent. I really dont think they will be able to compete with McLaren with the driver lineup they are proposing, much as I rate Rosberg, he isnt as good as Lewis or Jenson

4. Jev

Jev

the news already there in formula1.com, so i guess its true then...

afaik, mclaren has a long term plan to develop their own engine by acquiring toyota's engine div, any update?

5. [​IMG]

6. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Cool shot Damian!

Surely Brawn cant possibly win the title in 2010?

7. Rumour goes that Jenson "Will " get that drive with Mclaren and as they want a German driver at Mercedes that Heidfeld will take Jensons place at ( former ) Brawn GP.
    It`s just a mather off:clock2: before they will announce it.

8. I'm really pleased for Brawn they have been on a roller coaster of a ride for the last year and now they have some security.

9. Hopefully this means they can finally dump the creature that is Nick Fry. :nod:

10. there's something very wrong with his eyes...
    i think he has a nictitating membrane....

11. Theres something wrong with his genes.

12. THERE BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIS SOUL!