• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Skins Mercedes Black Edition 2014-07-19

This mode was completely made from scratch, respecting the original but in black.

1. Marciu

Marciu

Ratings:
    +14
    • Like Like x 5
  2. vadimtop

vadimtop

Ratings:
    +224
    if completely your project - that I can tell it that excellent work!

3. Marciu

Marciu

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm... not sure what you mean by "if completely your project" ... but thanks anyway.

4. Matthew327

Matthew327
    Premium

Ratings:
    +496
    I think he's asking if you did this all by yourself or if you based it on someone else's work.

5. Marciu

Marciu

Ratings:
    +14
    Yes, as I said, I made this skin completely from scratch. I started by picking up the original and try to manipulate only the colors, but due to lack of resolution, I ended up using it only as a base, and made a new one. I replaced all logos and maps of carbon fiber and made it into HD.
    The work is 100% mine.
    About the image ... just in case you ask how i did it... it is part of my portfolio as 3D artist.
    I can show some others ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. airutonpurosuto8912

airutonpurosuto8912
    needforspeedgamer

Ratings:
    +1,936
    When I was looking at these screenshots I thought it was a different game :p (or is it?)

7. Matthew327

Matthew327
    Premium

Ratings:
    +496
    I was not accusing you of anything, just wanted to clear up what vadimtop wanted to say :)

And by the way, the UPS logo on the Ferrari is inverted. Just in case you didn't already notice.

8. Marciu

Marciu

Ratings:
    +14
    Yes :D its a shame. I realized right at the moment i finished rendering.
    But for the purpose of the image, does not really matter. This happened because I made a mirror of that geometry section to save labor and time. I'll fix it anyway ....
    EDIT: Fixed ^^

Needforspeedgamer, no, it's not a game. It is a 3D scenery made in 3ds Max with Vray lighting, materials and physical camera. I did it to train my skill in motion blur and depth of field.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dovi design

Dovi design

Ratings:
    +740
    How did you do this :confused: I want to know, please :D
    [​IMG]
    Looks great and ice skin by the way, good job ;)
    EDIT: It looks a lot better than renders (my opinion :p )
    [​IMG]
    (Example: this is my Ferrari skin mod)

• Like Like x 1
  10. w1n1x

w1n1x

Ratings:
    +1,702
    That scene can be done in Keyshot too. You just need to have 3dsmax and that 3dSim (don't know it's proper name ) program @chargingcar can probably help you in this. BTW that render looks like as if it was made in Photoshop CC or in Cinema 4d.

By the way a render like that is meaningless. A simple in-game screen of the garage would do the trick. I don't know why would you want to waste your time by doing such a complex render like that for a game like this.

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. Dovi design

Dovi design

Ratings:
    +740
    I got a lot of free time so I think i wanna do this just to kill time :D

12. w1n1x

w1n1x

Ratings:
    +1,702
    The summer is here. Play football , go to swimming pools or to beach, enjoy your time. Don't waste the summer break with games. I don't think you don't have any friends to play outdoor games with.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dovi design

Dovi design

Ratings:
    +740
    I do play football actually and I don't know how to swim :p

14. Marciu

Marciu

Ratings:
    +14

w1n1x, I already talked about this earlier ... a little history, I made this skin for about 8 months, only for myself.
    I work as a 3D artist, and made this image for about 5 months. Not to put it here, but to add to my online portfolio. I just decided to share the skin and present with this picture ...
    I already showed other pictures I did for the same portfolio, but I can show more ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's just my job, not a waste of time, as you say ...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. w1n1x

w1n1x

Ratings:
    +1,702
    Just forget f1 2013. It's Summer Time Baby ! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dovi design

Dovi design

Ratings:
    +740
    I have already uninstall it :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. w1n1x

w1n1x

Ratings:
    +1,702
    "uninstalled" not uninstall . BTW good to hear that. I didn't uninstall it but I haven't played with it since a month.

• Like Like x 1
  18. airutonpurosuto8912

airutonpurosuto8912
    needforspeedgamer

Ratings:
    +1,936
    I didn't uninstalled it too

19. Dovi design

Dovi design

Ratings:
    +740
    Sorry :p. I will need to practice my grammar more :D I'm still bad at past simple and..... always forget the "ed" :)

20. w1n1x

w1n1x

Ratings:
    +1,702
    -ed in the "uninstall".If you put the word "did " or "didn't" in a sentence you can't put "ed" after a verb.

About the game I have more than enough space for the game. Maybe I will play with it sometimes in the near future. After all if I buy a game I will often use that game in the future too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1