Mercedes-AMG GT3 Licensed for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Mercedes-AMG GT3 licensed.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today confirmed a licencing agreement with German manufacturer Mercedes Benz, bringing a virtual edition of the new AMG GT3 race machine to RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Benefiting from years of engineering excellence and countless millions of development dollars, the new GT3 challenger will make it's way into the RaceRoom Racing Experience roll call of GT3 cars in the coming weeks or months. Powered by an epic AMG 6.3 litre V8 engine, the new AMG machine from Mercedes competes in many varied championships across the world, including the ADAC GT Masters (also available in R3E), VLN, Blancpain Endurance Series, Asian LeMans Series, Australian GT, Pirelli World Challenge, GT Open and many other GT series.

Information regarding release dates and development progress have not yet been made available by the Swedish studio, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment as we bring you all the news on this car and more as it develops!

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum for latest news and discussion topics, custom car setups and our ever popular RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club!

Looking forward to yet more GTR3 machinery for R3E? Let us discuss below!

Last edited:
@Georg Ortner

You say that a flagsystem i "on your to do list" - can you be a little more specific? Will it be brought on this year for instance? Would be SO great. I own everything you sell, save for the Tatuus pack, that FR2 pack and the GTO Pack, and I will definitely buy the Mercedes GT3 pack, but please - something to look forward to - and with a timeframe on it, in the core program, like the flagsystem... then I could sleep better.

and with a timeframe on it, in the core program, like the flagsystem... then I could sleep better.

It would be quite a trap for any developer to claim a feature will be ready at a specific time. Software is far too difficult to have a set deadline, and be guaranteed to release it on that date. There are far too many variables and things that can go wrong when creating new code, modifying old code, etc. If you add one thing, 10 other things may break... so you need to fix those. So giving out a deadline would be a total lose-lose situation for the devs.

The best that can generally be stated... is that they are working on it. So you know it is in the pipeline.

Other things are already in progress, and may have been for many months. Features, tweaks, etc. They all take time to develop. So while 1 feature may be cool to have for a handful of people, others will complain it isnt what they want. So that needs to be taken into account to when deciding which projects to work on, and their relative time it would take to actually implement.

Most features arent as simple as spending 1 days worth of work creating and implementing. Testing, bug fixing, among all the other things that goes into pre-release development need to be completed.

Perhaps a lame answer for a fan wanting "everything now." But this is just how software is.

Hopefully some of these newer GT3 cars get released soon, by my reckoning that's now the Merc AMG, McLaren 650 and BMW M6 in the pipeline. Also want to get the BMW 235i going already.

What I did notice though is the shot of the real car's LCD is pretty prominent in the S3 forum post which hasn't been the case for any other car. Maybe the end of the generic dash is nigh?

Last edited:
What happened with Bentley you traitor?
@Georg Ortner that argument is not valid, because Kunze :))
Lol, to be honest I just really didn't like it, was hoping I would really enjoy it, but spent a fair bit of time in it then jumped back in the Ford GT and instantly felt more at home, then a couple of weeks later decided to jump back in my first love the SLS and fell in love all over again, it's just such a brilliant car and the sound!!! I'd have to say it's what actually got me into raceroom which then led to starting online sim racing and now this whole crazy journey, yeah I'm a nut I know lol

It would be quite a trap for any developer to claim a feature will be ready at a specific time. Software is far too difficult to have a set deadline, and be guaranteed to release it on that date. There are far too many variables and things that can go wrong when creating new code, modifying old code, etc. If you add one thing, 10 other things may break... so you need to fix those. So giving out a deadline would be a total lose-lose situation for the devs.

The best that can generally be stated... is that they are working on it. So you know it is in the pipeline.

Other things are already in progress, and may have been for many months. Features, tweaks, etc. They all take time to develop. So while 1 feature may be cool to have for a handful of people, others will complain it isnt what they want. So that needs to be taken into account to when deciding which projects to work on, and their relative time it would take to actually implement.

Most features arent as simple as spending 1 days worth of work creating and implementing. Testing, bug fixing, among all the other things that goes into pre-release development need to be completed.

Perhaps a lame answer for a fan wanting "everything now." But this is just how software is.

Fair enough argument... I thought I´d covered my a** with the "this year" stretch of time, but I see your point. Ill set myself back and enjoy what I got until further notice. :)

Hopefully some of these newer GT3 cars get released soon, by my reckoning that's now the Merc AMG, McLaren 650 and BMW M6 in the pipeline. Also want to get the BMW 235i going already.

What I did notice though is the shot of the real car's LCD is pretty prominent in the S3 forum post which hasn't been the case for any other car. Maybe the end of the generic dash is nigh?
Don't hold your breath. There is not many things I would like more than proper interiors, but I strongly doubt these new cars get it. If I consider what S3S has said about the effort it takes to create these LCD's with their current tools, I basically lost faith we will ever see it in this generation of R3E.

I just wonder how others do it, since iRacing, AC and PC have great interiors in every car.

Last edited:
The reason above all others I want them to ditch their current engine like it's a crazyeyed ex and get with Unreal pronto. If it is indeed an engine limitation then the current engine is terrible.

Love this car, looks beautiful, but aggressive and the sound it makes on track is awesome (saw it win at the Blancpain GT Endurance race at Silverstone earlier this year), which given that R3E has some of the best car sounds, should be reproduced well! Hope the dash is less generic than most offerings - I have hopes for this as the current Mercedes in R3E has a less generic dash than most cars.

I have hopes for this as the current Mercedes in R3E has a less generic dash than most cars.

Unfortunately no, it has the same generic display like many other cars in R3E. They simply rotate like 4 or 5 generic lcd's between all cars. You can see this one in McLaren GT3, some WTCC cars and many others.

Unfortunately no, it has the same generic display like many other cars in R3E. They simply rotate like 4 or 5 generic lcd's between all cars. You can see this one in McLaren GT3, some WTCC cars and many others.
Got to agree with that, it never bothered me until I drove the Mclaren in pCars then going back into the R3E one it suddenly looked lifeless and dull by comparison. I think they do a great job with the modelling just seems a shame that the final touch is lacking.
Won't stop me buying it though:whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back