Mercedes-AMG GT3 Licensed for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Mercedes-AMG GT3 licensed.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today confirmed a licencing agreement with German manufacturer Mercedes Benz, bringing a virtual edition of the new AMG GT3 race machine to RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Benefiting from years of engineering excellence and countless millions of development dollars, the new GT3 challenger will make it's way into the RaceRoom Racing Experience roll call of GT3 cars in the coming weeks or months. Powered by an epic AMG 6.3 litre V8 engine, the new AMG machine from Mercedes competes in many varied championships across the world, including the ADAC GT Masters (also available in R3E), VLN, Blancpain Endurance Series, Asian LeMans Series, Australian GT, Pirelli World Challenge, GT Open and many other GT series.

Information regarding release dates and development progress have not yet been made available by the Swedish studio, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment as we bring you all the news on this car and more as it develops!

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum for latest news and discussion topics, custom car setups and our ever popular RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club!

Looking forward to yet more GTR3 machinery for R3E? Let us discuss below!

Last edited:
Nice to see a modern GT3 model make it into R3E. Wasn't too sure if this would happen as Assetto Corsa seems to have all the juicy licenses.

The GT3 cars in R3E are a nice mix. I would love to see the 458 or 488 as well and maybe the GT3 Lambo as well. As mentioned above though I think AC have the exclusive rights to the Lamborghini cars.

...and yes the GT3 XK Jag would be nice as well, but I won't hold my breath on that one :p

Loving the Callaway Corvette BTW @Azure Flare :thumbsup: (assuming it's still called that!:))

Ok @Andy Jackson, i will tell Mercedes we dont want their cars.

Not sure how that will make the programmers work faster though .. :O_o:

Please do.:rolleyes: Save some cash to spend on solid game improvements.
Are you telling us all that a working flag system is less important than more paid DLC? A flag system has been the cornerstone of every real PC sim since Indycar Racing from Papyrus. It's an absolute pre-requisite for a sim. Do you not agree?
And while you are here, maybe you can tighten the cut rules so that any one who ever gets 4 wheels over the solid white lines gets penalised. :whistling:

Last edited:
Please do.:rolleyes: Save some cash to spend on solid game improvements.
Are you telling us all that a working flag system is less important than more paid DLC? A flag system has been the cornerstone of every real PC sim since Indycar Racing from Papyrus. It's an absolute pre-requisite for a sim. Do you not agree?
And while you are here, maybe you can tighten the cut rules so that any one who ever gets 4 wheels over the solid white lines gets penalised. :whistling:
He's telling you that the people that would be working on that are not the same people as the ones working on new cars.

You knows there is different people with different skill sets right. Programmers dont model cars and modelers dont code flag systems. Be happy raceroom gets nice content updates, there is plenty of titles that get neither features nor content.

#HYPE
Pls, Andy just don't even comment if you don't have anything nice to say!!:mad::mad:
#DEVCREEP
Like wise nielsen......:rolleyes: Look Mathias, I know you hate me (you said so in that nasty private message you sent to me) but can we agree to stop this nastiness. You didn't have to jump on another of my posts again and cause trouble. So how about we agree to ignore each other like adults?
OK?:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Always welcome new GT3's :notworthy: :thumbsup:
Quick question though, how long does it usually take to produce then release a new car? I only ask as it says " in the coming weeks or months".
Looking at S3S forums the Audi TT RS VLN was announced Jan 2016 and still not released, BMW M235i Feb 2016, 650S March 2016 etc.
Would you say about 6 months to turnout a car?

@PaulH definitely less than 6 months, but sometimes content gets put in the freezer for some time, because other things take priority. The TT RS VLN should be published fairly soon though :)

@Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan The P4/5 is not as slow as you may think.
Watch Julian Kunze drving it around Nordschleife in 7:53.3

Nothing i can share with you regarding Ferrari at this moment.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%