• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Menu Interface/UI Major Lag/Delay

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by theblackknikht04, Apr 14, 2017.

1. theblackknikht04

theblackknikht04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    Been having this issue on and off now for some time and now its doing it again and i really need to know what to fix this once and for all.

When it happens i get a very slow load time when launching the game which is how i know its gonna start doing it.

Then when in ANY session, going in and out of menu to ingame ie "by clicking Drive" or when on track clicking "Back To Garage". Doing this causes up to a 30 seconds freeze before the game executes the action.. (You can still hear the car on track it just wont leave the menu screen). I never actually get a crash but when your say adjusting a setup then waiting half a minute to get back on track its really peeing me off. No errors, no crashes, just click and wait 30 seconds before it will put you on track!!

Tried uninstalling/reinistalling/different drives/verifying files/plugging/unplugging USB devices. No matter what i do i cant get it stop doing this..
    Whats wierd is some days when i launch the game it works perfectly and there's no delay whatsoever. Cannot work it out for the life of me. Im hoping someone else has experienced this cos im baffled!

2. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +482
    How's your internet connection, fast/slow, consistent? I don't have a problem myself, menu's and response is fine but issues with your internet connection could cause the symptoms you have described.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium

Ratings:
    +581
    R3E doesn't seem to like wi-fi conections either esp. when playing on-line.

4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,554
    Indeed, I saw a noticeable improvement when I switched from wireless to wired, though I think some of that had to do with the crappy wireless adaptor I was using. If your router is too far away from your PC, you could try some adaptors that use your house's power cables as a wired network. That's what I use and it greatly improved stability and doubled my download speeds. Only ~£25.

Powerline Starter Kit

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. theblackknikht04

theblackknikht04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    Certainly nothing to do with my internet connection. Im on wired ethernet right next to my PC. 300m/b connection

6. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +482
    Every similar issue I've heard of was related to internet performance or the Sector3 servers, but if it was the servers I would think there would be a lot of others complaining (like has happened right after some new patch/updates). I'm not seeing anything being reported on the official forums. Sorry, can't be of help as all is working fine here.

7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,828
    What else do you have running in the background, an over aggressive AV maybe. It really does sound like a internet issue.