Members Projects

Built another button box, the previous one was a mess. Its not Brian, or Derek's type of button box but does the job hehe.

img20110705021709.jpg

Upvote 0
And as always there is a problem :D:D

Attached the box to show the two buttons playing up. Connected to BU0836 as B1 n B2 but when click n hold any of those buttons it only registers for a split fraction. Also pressing one of them sort of activates the other. Checked connection and all seems fine. Used the encoder software to make it all "OFF" except B11 n B12 which is the rotary encoder top right. Changing it to "OFF" position in encoder software makes both the buttons always "ON" even though not pressed.

Any ideas on the cause of the problem?

bbox.png

Upvote 0
Yo Abs :)

Probably Earth feeding back through rotary mate

PM me, I will send you diodes in the post that will prob cure this :) If ever you run a rotary and it seems to effect buttons, it usually means the diodes come out :p

P.S. You should really run a diode on that toggle switch unless its a 'momentary' one???

Upvote 0
Yo Abs :)

Probably Earth feeding back through rotary mate

PM me, I will send you diodes in the post that will prob cure this :) If ever you run a rotary and it seems to effect buttons, it usually means the diodes come out :p

P.S. You should really run a diode on that toggle switch unless its a 'momentary' one???

I have a few diodes which Leo on his website quoted as being "the chosen" ones. But my skills in electrical stuff goes as far as soldering both ends of the cable. Toggle switch is not momentary. I'll be using that for Ignition. Diode it is then after working out the layout. I'll take a photo to show how I connected the GND cable to all buttons. Thanks Brian for your advice and knowledge m8.

are they locking momentary switches? Some of those types will lock open or closed (as in push to make, then push again to break) as I found out when looking to buy a few.

All the buttons I use are push to make Alexander.

PS: All the soldering was done at 2am, bound to mess up aint it :)

Upvote 0
Brian, prototyping a matrix setup and still have issues.

Diagram below is what I have setup with diodes for 6 buttons to start with. I then connected to Leo's USB board at Row 1.

img20110721190834.jpg

Only one button is registering.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline