Members Projects

Started mine and 3 hours later...finished cutting :)

Most Parts Arrive :D Yey! Ordered at 3PM and got next day! Great!
P1010953.jpg

-----
P1010954.jpg

-----
P1010956.jpg

Mounted on perspex and ready to drill the holes;
P1010965.jpg

After drilling, yes looks a mess ATM but becasue it needs shaving down a little and sanding even though viynl will go over top still want it to look good underneath :p
P1010969.jpg

And finally after jigsaw had cut outline;
P1010972.jpg

Just need the square now which I forgot :S and smooth it down.

Will hopefully get viynl on Sat, smooth template down and put viynl on.

Dan.

Upvote 0
Looking good Dan :)

Take your time de-burring the holes amd smoothing off the edges of the plate, this will show dividends in the end finish! DONT cover the plate till you are 100% sure its right, all the holes are lined up righ and you have TEST FITTED everything :)

Nice one!

Upvote 0
Another couple of days and here she is so far :)

After cutting and sanding;
P1010984.jpg

Carefully and nervously applying viynl :S
P1010993.jpg

And on;
P1010995.jpg

Then just added the buttons/lights to test fitting with viynl and im very happy with it :D
P1010998.jpg

Now need to wire it up (no idea...yet :p lol) and get some little letters for buttons.

Oh and does anyone know where you can get some 3.5mm bolts/nuts? Tried neighbours, local hardware store and major hardware store but nothing :( smallest was 4mm.

Dan.

Upvote 0
Nice one Dan:cool:

Looks like you made a good recovery! Take it your pleased with it then :wink:

For a first time, it looks magic and you did a great job of covering it, looks really good!

I'm manic today, but will try and write some wire up instructions fo ya soon as :wink:

Again

Well done!

Edit: If you plug the Sli in with a Printer type usb and add the EK software drivers, the shiftlights will work now :) http://www.eksimracing.com/ this is the link for the software, read up in forums. For Rfactor you need a plugin that goes into the plugin directory of rFactor, for simbin games its a prog manager that runs next to the game (bit like logitechs launcher) E-Bay for 3.5mm bolts :)

Have fun!

Upvote 0
Wired up today, will solder, hacksaw rotaries and generally finish off the panel tomorrow. Then seeing how much room I have left I will put a back in the plate so the wires etc arent so exposed.

P1020007.jpg

----------------------
P1020008.jpg

----------------------
P1020011.jpg

----------------------
P1020009.jpg

----------------------

Also random, wierd close up shot for some reason :p (will solder tomorrow to make connections better)
P1020013.jpg

Dan.

Upvote 0
Many many MANY thanks to Brian today for sorting my wheel mount, which includes the SLI-M, 2 rotaries and 4 knitter switches (the dogs nuts)

Took some pictures of the build along the way, so will do a proper write up of it and shove the pics in so you can see the finished article :)

Used it in tonights WTM race at Nords and it was handy to have :)

Upvote 0
Neil thanks for showing us ur work m8. Looking good.

Where did u buy that carbon from?
Do you have template for the SLI Pro? Or maybe the dimensions of it for me to start drilling away.
Can u take a screenshot of the backplate with the attached SLI Pro? Wanna see how the pros connect the cables :)

Upvote 0
Neil thanks for showing us ur work m8. Looking good.

Where did u buy that carbon from?
Do you have template for the SLI Pro? Or maybe the dimensions of it for me to start drilling away.
Can u take a screenshot of the backplate with the attached SLI Pro? Wanna see how the pros connect the cables :)

As-salam alaikum Abdul and shokran. I got the piece of carbon from ebay. Just search for '3m carbon fibre vinyl' and you will find lots.

The template I got here http://www.eksimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=306.0 the bottom of the first post there is a black and white image of the Sli-Pro. Click on that and then print it out. You will soon see that it is huge and not to scale! But you can get round that because we know the Sli-Pro PCB dimensions are 30.9 x 102.2 mm. So measure the width of the PCB on the print you just made and then work out what percentage size the real one is compared to the printed one. So for example if you measure it to be 215 mm wide, it would be (102.2/215)*100 = 47%. Then print it again but this time scale the size of the print to be 47%, it's important that you work this out for yourself as it may differ from printer to printer, mine was 38% but yours may be different. That way you should have a print of the Sli-Pro to actual size. It's easy enough to lay it over the actual PCB to check that it's correct.

I haven't actually connected any of the cables yet. Still got to make my button board yet. When I do I'll be sure to post some pictures. As for being a Pro, this is the first time I've done anything like this so if I can do it anyone can. As long as your a little bit handy you'll have no problems.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years