Melbourne

Lol again. I dont get the problem. If you cut = +30sec, more cut= +60sec, more cut= DQ.
If you want to get DQ after hundred of laps of practice and race, you`re free to cut. If not I would suggest you, to choose a racing line without cutting.

btw. What hungaroring version do you mean? I can`t find a non ugly version which would be fixable in time?!

You don't understand the point i want you to think about.
FSR rules allows to put 2 wheels on the kerbs without be considering as cutting : some corners are so tight that we can put 2 wheels in the grass and cutting a lot the corner where in realF1 you will loose time cause of the dust put in the tyres.

I don't know but this is not a real racing line. for me that's a corner cutting allowed by the rules. Nothing more.
T1 :
1622017_10153239984074922_3964571110226628934_n.jpg

T4 :
10670029_10153239984079922_3240239110732175354_n.jpg

T9 :
10370415_10153239984134922_423498934847116610_n.jpg

For the hungaroring track :

Now I start to understand morgan ;)
It was only a lack of communication I think so pls dont feel pissed of by me ;)
Ya that is a point.
to the hungaroring: I didnt found this version. except from the tarmac and realroad and grass it looks ok BUT what prevents you there from cutting in t1, t3 and t4?

And I like the idea of Dmitry. Maybe change the textures in the inner corners to some kind of astroturf with very little grip. This is much less work than build some anticuts i think.

So why FSR has choosen Melbourne when we know all the problems with cuts and it isn't possible to edit the track in time ?

Anti-cuts throw car into air in rF2, they cause more problems than they solve.

What part of my message is difficult to understand? This even happened in rF1 last year:

Now bear in mind above is a lame show compared to effects of hitting such an anti cut in rF2 at high speed: example

Then there is no point to race in Melbourne if the bug is fixed. We tested Spa already one week before Indy and two days already of this week. No track is free of bugs, you could see Canada, China, Hockenheim...

I feel for your efforts. However, Spa FSR version was less than 24 hours online, I gave announcement it would only be used if collision bug didn't happen. Well it did.

Maybe we can arrange some kind of vote for final round. Suzuka will be after Melbourne anyway, there is just 1 week break and we can't fiddle with tracks then.

What sucks about no cuts is I'm sure some of the times on the board are cut, so it makes it even harder to gauge relative pace/find time. Would prefer my car to explode if I cut than to practice an illegal line.

If the track was out on wednesday evening at 8 pm, how can you count 4 days if isnt even 3 o_O.

You just want to keep Australia because you modded the track, nothing else.
No, first I want it, because I have horrible stuttering at spa at different places

second it is possible that the eau rogue bug is fixed with new build but you cant 100% sure.
Do you want test it again only to find out after 2 days that its not working again? Than everybody would cry again.

and third I said that to Rando, because he rage "disliked" all my post in this thread at the same minute without any sense.

I've said this to many people but obvious nobody wants to hear. The invisible wall issues on Spa were caused by the low front ride height. I've made big test around Raidillon doing probably over 200 runs. On 23 I hit the wall 15-20 times and if you watch your replay really slow, you'll see that you hit the wall when the rear end of the car jumps from the bump in the middle of the corner. Using higher front ride heigh - 24.5 I didn't hit the wall not even once.

I've said this to many people but obvious nobody wants to hear. The invisible wall issues on Spa were caused by the low front ride height. I've made big test around Raidillon doing probably over 200 runs. On 23 I hit the wall 15-20 times and if you watch your replay really slow, you'll see that you hit the wall when the rear end of the car jumps from the bump in the middle of the corner. Using higher front ride heigh - 24.5 I didn't hit the wall not even once.

I said that ages ago too....personally I like Melbourne as a track but again I feel like we need anti-cuts or the Race Directors are going to have their hands full.

Georg I know you don't want to do extra work but expecting people in a competition to respect boundaries when there is no clear penalty(unlike Hock where you run 4 wheels off the track and you get a warning), is like asking combatants in Iraq to obey the Geneva convention. All you need is 1. bigger kerbs at some of the offending corners 2. reduce grips on the green tarmac such as the T1 exit 3. rumble strips on T4 exit and the entry to the high speed chicane.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back