1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Melbourne

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by John-Eric Saxén, Aug 21, 2014.

1. I wanted to fix some things but they might not arrive in time, so meanwhile you can test using this version

2. Just be careful in Eau Rouge, be very careful. When you turn right, try to avoid the kerb on the indside or meet the invisible wall. It's pretty weird. You can do 10 laps and forget about that wall sometimes, but it will definitely remind of itself when you least expect it. :D:D

Eduard Kõre

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  3. Indeed, that kerb looks like a track bug, it is on the racing line and I hope this will be fixed in final version. When it be put on the server by the way?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Can we use this topic to point out bugs?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OK I really respect your decision to change the track but don't you think it's a bit late? There were 7 weeks summer brake and there was plenty of time but now you change to a completely new track, not 8 days before the race. I'm sure everybody knew about Eau Rouge bug, it's not like an easter egg...

6. Thomas Mundy

Thomas Mundy
    FSR President

Yeah there weren't that many bugs with Spa track so hope it can be fixed so we can still run it this season because to not have Spa for yet another season would be a crying shame as its the best track on the calendar in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. replace Spa with Interlagos :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Which layout of Indy we`ll use?

Sry found it. 2007GP

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  9. Good choice to change it with all the bugs. I love Spa but I'd rather race it later when the bugs are solved. So please even consider doing the race at some point in the season with some more time to fix the bugs.

Mikko Suokas

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Luckily it's the same for everybody.

And it makes a lot of sense. Now you can basically not drive where you should be legally able to drive, and if 2 cars go side by side through Eau Rouge, one can be pushed onto the defective kerb.

Imagine this being exposed on the broadcast. The only logical option has been chosen.

11. Obviously you didn't get what I said. I don't mind changing Spa for bugs, I don't like the fact that it's changed 8 days before the race while everybody knew about that bug and there were 7 weeks brake to change the track to one which has 0 bugs. Also I read we're gonna be using 2007 layout but isn't that the latest layout on the server? I'm pretty sure 2007 they were using half the oval.

12. Anyway. Again, it's the same for everybody.

And John-Eric has confirmed in the Track Change thread that it's the 2007 layout.

13. Thats quite a blow. I have my Spa setup half-ready, and I never raced in Indy before. Now I have only one week to prepare instead of one month. A bit more consistency with decision-making will be great in the future.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It is the same for everybody. Spa will be driven on later stage so what is the problem. I don't think David will spend all his summer fixing bugs for next tracks, give him some time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Had they even tried? Canada still had bugs, one costed Leppala a top6 finish I recall.

16. He never has touched that bug in practice, but in the race he did it. Why we should take the risk with unsure track and to cost somebody dnf because of some bug. I believe is not only that one on eau rouge.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. No, we just sit and laugh seeing how drivers complain in the forums.

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Now that is a confirmation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Thomas Mundy

Thomas Mundy
    FSR President

I think he was being sarcastic Dmitry. Switch to Indy is fine. I love Spa so hopefully will be on later in the year but I can perfectly understand why its been switched, Eau Rouge could cause a bad crash at the moment and you'd be complaining if it was you who suffered from it.

• Agree Agree x 3