1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Melbourne Q1 setup

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Mikko Puumalainen, Apr 15, 2013.

1. On friday I decided to give this mod a try and set a target of 24.2 in Q1 trim. So after a decent amount of laps, I managed a 24.296 today, which is not a fantastic time, but ok for me.

I decided to upload my setup, motec data and replay of the lap in the hopes that maybe it'll help some people who are currently lost with setups. It's not a great setup, but I don't think it's too far away from a good one since I have splits for a 24.0 currently and in the past I haven't been very close to the top in Q1 trim. I mostly just focused on eliminating understeer since the rear of the car seems to be relatively stable no matter what wing settings I used.

I'm not sure how good this setup would be in race trim. The most fuel I ran with was 60L using rad 3 and duct 4 (I'm sure I could use duct 1 or 2 for a 58 lap race) which got me a 25.8.

http://l8.fi/~mipuumal/FSR/MP-010L-1_24_296.rar

• Like Like x 6
  2. I'm expecting some top3 times now Ron....... :thumbsup: :sneaky:

• Like Like x 6
  3. Thanks for the set up Mikko. Im really lost in slow cornering, lets hope getting better results with it.

4. Which data plugin do you use for the motec file? I was eager to compare your own output against mine but it seems i2 standard doesn't want to open the ones my plugin makes

5. I use this to record: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2917-rFactor-Motec-Plugin

and Motec i2 Pro 1.20.0008 to view.

I'm using these since the motec version is required to view rF2 telemetry.

6. Thanks, got it up and running and already spotted a few big differences which saved me a few tenths. Should hopefully give me some extra guidance correcting some of the (numerous) faults in my driving :laugh:

7. Marko Esteban

Marko Esteban
    @ Simberia @Simberia

ohh yes you are the man!

possible for you bahrain setup?

8. I think I'll give that a go :)