Resource icon

Tracks Melbourne (2 Seasons, DRS) 2.10

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi.

Did not know you did it, i just asked to euroracers permissions in fact.
So we can thank you for the initial work ;)

Don't worry about it. I'm surprised that someone even wanted to use GP4 version for rFactor version, because there was many graphical stuff that needs to be completely redone. :)

Patrick Giranthon updated Melbourne GP ( 2 seasons, DRS) with a new update entry:

Melbourne overhaul with updated road shaders, new3D walls, and improved pitlane.

Hello AMS racers,

Here we have another intensive track rebuild for AMS.

Melbourne Albert Park

New track surface rebuilt from scratch due to bugs in the mesh.
Increased poly density with new road noise.
New road mapping, dynamic track, groove vertex paint.
New curb texture with worn curb shader
New 3D wall mesh and mapping.
New custom wall textures.
New fence mesh and mapping.
More accurate pit lane entry.
Reiza garage details
Track edge lines and pit lane markings rebuilt. Using Patricks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Patrick:

I get a crash right at the end of the track loading process. It pauses for a moment with the bar fully filled-in (at 100%) and then exits with error message box.

I deleted the old version before installing this update. The new Autopolis (and all other tracks) load fine. I have no other Melbourne variants, which shouldn't matter since you wisely use unique files names anyway.

Any suggestions what could be happenning?

Patrick:

I get a crash right at the end of the track loading process. It pauses for a moment with the bar fully filled-in (at 100%) and then exits with error message box.

I deleted the old version before installing this update. The new Autopolis (and all other tracks) load fine. I have no other Melbourne variants, which shouldn't matter since you wisely use unique files names anyway.

I gave the non-DRS Spring variant a quick spin the other day and it loaded fine. Do you get the error for all versions? Have you tried re-installing the track?

It will probably massively help if you can copy whast the error box says as that can give clues as to what the game is struggling to load.

This happened to me also. I loaded the track and AMS crashed yesterday a single time. Started AMS again and then the track worked fine. I have loaded the track a hundred times without any issues previous to that single crash. It could be an AIW issue I will investigate a bit more on this.

This happened to me also. I loaded the track and AMS crashed yesterday a single time. Started AMS again and then the track worked fine. I have loaded the track a hundred times without any issues previous to that single crash. It could be an AIW issue I will investigate a bit more on this.

AIW and GDB :)

There are only 12 pit spots, but 24 "normal" garage spaces and and an additional 12 "not really real" garage spaces behind the concrete pit entrance barrier. You have Max Vehicles set to 36. I was using a series set to 24 AI (plus me = 25). Once I lowered the number of AI, the track loads fine.

Once I lowered the number of AI, the track loads fine.

No that's not it. Related to the pit lane extension I am pretty sure. My crash came with a single car loaded into practice. Also I have tested the AIW with 32 Stock V8 cars so I know the garage / pit layout is working fine. Its a strange issue that I think has something to do with AMS building the HUD track map.

In the AIW's search for this line... WP_PTRS=(-1,1213,-1,1) and change it to read this... WP_PTRS=(1212,1213,-1,1)

That should do it. This -1 is legal and should work, but I have found that it crashes the game in some cases.

An update will be need to fix this AIW issue, and tweak a few textures that have been a complaint. If you guys have any things you want adjusted please make a note over the next few days.

Last edited:
any chance of adding the VASC pit lane?

No chance of that, I did have a look at this but decided it was too much work. I don't have any real details on how this pit is laid out, and should have a new garage building done. Originally I had only planned to make 3d walls to replace the old paper ones. Then the project just kept growing larger. I had to stop at some point.

PS For example what is "VASC" (like its common knowledge). Just google that and see what you get.

After trying a few different search cues you find out its "Virgin Australia Supercars Championship" ... ok that's great.:rolleyes:

Cheers

AIW and GDB :)

There are only 12 pit spots, but 24 "normal" garage spaces and and an additional 12 "not really real" garage spaces behind the concrete pit entrance barrier. You have Max Vehicles set to 36. I was using a series set to 24 AI (plus me = 25). Once I lowered the number of AI, the track loads fine.

What series was this?

I was running (and re-checked with) the Aussie V8s which max out at 27 cars (including player) and the track loaded fine.

However testing the Brazilian Stock cars with a full 33 car grid and the track CTDs after the load screen.

Is it possible with all the improvements the track is using a little too much memory now?

Is it possible with all the improvements the track is using a little too much memory now?

A good suggestion, but no. Melbourne is really light at just over 1/2 million faces.

An update will come out soon to fix the error in the AIW, increase the brightness on the wall and the dark green runoff textures, and a couple of tweaks here and there.

If you are up to it you can make the AIW edit as posted above and that should solve the AMS crash in the mean time.

Cheers

Briliant. Your suggested edit has fixed the crashes. :)

I've only tested with the Stock V8 and Cart Extreme as those were the ones I could reproduce the crash with.

What a bizarre side effect. Each series I tried crashed at a different number of opponents.

past the official edge of the track.

Screen shot examples please.

Never mind the line is not going to change now.

I think this is how you would commonly drive the circuit. The runoff is part of the track, according to Charlie Whiting. Other than that the circuit is multi purpose and for sure the runoff is used to maximize the lap. If you cut the apex too much or run off too much you will trigger the cut track.

fastline.jpg

You notice in the pics below the tire marks on the green runoff.

formula1.2015_snapshot_01.jpg formula1.2015_snapshot_03.jpg formula1.2015_snapshot_04.jpg formula1.2015_snapshot_05.jpg

Last edited:
Screen shot examples please.

Never mind the line is not going to change now.

I think this is how you would commonly drive the circuit. The runoff is part of the track, according to Charlie Whiting. Other than that the circuit is multi purpose and for sure the runoff is used to maximize the lap. If you cut the apex too much or run off too much you will trigger the cut track.

View attachment 250848

You notice in the pics below the tire marks on the green runoff.

View attachment 250856 View attachment 250857 View attachment 250858 View attachment 250859

No problem if that's the official line and the track cut is set properly. I should have assumed you would do it properly!!!

Just wanted to throw that suggestion in as per your request for potential issues with the track. I like the AI and the player to have the same rules, which you have ensured here :)

I like the AI and the player to have the same rules, which you have ensured here

This track was an intense challenge to get the AI to drive the track the way I wanted. It was several days to figure out the fastest way for them. I did a lap, (a personal best for me) on day one that I figured would be great. The AI hated it... they were running off into the grass and banging into the apex curbs losing time on every turn. Not only that but they were crashing into each other like an junior kart race.

I figured out corner by corner what the AI wanted and I came up with this. The lap we have in fact is about 3 seconds slower than my PB. But the challenge is to drive a perfect lap as far as track position goes, and you need the high speed to get the correct arch, but you cannot slide the car even a little. I would say this track, and possibly Algarve, Val de Vienne, and Putnam Park, were the most difficult to get the AI to max out the lap time and stay more or less within the track limits.

I have completed the Melbourne update with a few extra bonus tweaks, and I will release tomorrow.

Last edited:
This track was an intense challenge to get the AI to drive the track the way I wanted. It was several days to figure out the fastest way for them. I did a lap, (a personal best for me) on day one that I figured would be great. The AI hated it... they were running off into the grass and banging into the apex curbs losing time on every turn. Not only that but they were crashing into each other like an junior kart race.

I figured out corner by corner what the AI wanted and I came up with this. The lap we have in fact is about 3 seconds slower than my PB. But the challenge is to drive a perfect lap as far as track position goes, and you need the high speed to get the correct arch, but you cannot slide the car even a little. I would say this track, and possibly Algarve, Val de Vienne, and Putnam Park, were the most difficult to get the AI to max out the lap time and stay more or less within the track limits.

I have completed the Melbourne update with a few extra bonus tweaks, and I will release tomorrow.

Adjusting the overall AI speed in the AIW doesn't allow them to operate at your PB speed?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back