1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Megane VS 370Z @ Mid Ohio - Wednesday February 27th 2013

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Marco Bijl, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

[​IMG]
    Event Details
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM DUEL
    Car: Renault Megane and Nissan 370z
    Track: Mid Ohio (Download here) with chicane
    Mod: RACEDEPARTMENT Wk9 Club Mod Click here
    Weather: Dry
    Road condition: Pre-rubbered

Time Schedule
    20:00 GMT Practice
    20:30 GMT Qualification
    20:40 GMT Warm-up
    20:45 GMT Race 21 Laps

Server and Teamspeak password: click here

Sign-up list:

1. James Andrew
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Andrew Ford
    4. Tiens Van Zyl
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

As I really liked the tactical battle idea between the Megane and 370z, another one. Mid Ohio this time.

I will complete the post before the weekend, with the mod and number of laps. Have some decent testing to do first :)

3. Well, you can add me to the list immediately. I ran lots of laps at the iRacing version of Mid-Ohio a few months back, so it'll be interesting to compare and contrast.

4. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Nice track, but I think the Nissan has no chance in Mid-Ohio way to many fast and twisty corners. I would even say that over a race distance the Megane is faster then the Corvette in Mid-Ohio, because of the Corvettes tyre wear and it has not got a real advantage in Lap-Time. That might be a really challenging combo.

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Race will be around 24 laps. That way, the 370 has a slight advantage in time over the Meganes. In principle, when driving constantly, the 370 is the winning car. But indeed, it's a challenging track, so taking the 370 shows some bravery :). I just did a few test laps in both car's, and I think this will promise to be an exciting race again.

Will do some testing with the vette as well Frederic. I really have issues driving it, so it's hard for me to compare, but I will give it my best shot :).

6. Can I ask why you think that? The 370 is a slower car and not, in my opinion, hard to drive, so it seems like a less risky choice. I'll be taking it whatever. Very happy with my training session tonight. :whistling:

7. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

I can now confirm, that the Corvette is I think about 1 second slower maybe more with tyre wear. So you should be able to beat a Corvette with the Megane. Can we add the Corvette as a possibility?

8. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I want to have a go at this but me and RWD don't mix too well :D

9. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

I will go for a Megane please

10. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

No need to tell yet :) You can choose, and change at any time. So feel free to practice both, and make a last minute pick :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Frederic,
    As I am not around, I really feel not comfortable making a last minute change in the cars. I will see if we can do the combi with Megane/Corvette next week ok?

12. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

hmmmm. interesting lol

:cautious::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Club mod posted. Mind its the week mod, so 1 mod for the whole week. No need to redownload, if you have driving the Clios or F2 this week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

Thats great I should clean up my installation from all the RD Mods :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Server is up!

16. Sign me up please :D

Will turn Albert Muller arm to join us again. Was a lot of fun last week

17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Is there any way of stopping my screen minimising in the middle of a bloody race? I'm sick of this S**T happening and ruining a good race! If it's not JAVA its Norton or something else doing it!! Is there no way of preventing other programs popping up when rf2 is running?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Firstly you need to find out which programm it does. Probably one of the programs which check for updates.
    Check what times these this happen, so it's easier to track downand you can schedule it on a other moment when you are not racing. :)

19. Got tagged by Tiens as he overtook coming into the chicane and I rolled and rolled and rolled. Sat in the pits for over five minutes but got out and beat Justin who clearly had a computer problem. Yay for me!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

Not a big turn out but real fun race.
    when frederic turned up, it was game over for all of us. however, i was reasonably happy with my driving as i'm still very much learning these cars and i'll take second place.

funny when i pitted on lap 16 and tiens came out of pits behind me too. thought he was 1 second behind but after a tricky race, he told me he was 2 laps behind. i was really pushing late on to keep ahead - now i feel like a..what do the americans say? douchebag lol

fun chat and nice racing. well done frederic and all you guys for clean racing