rF2 Megane Trophy @ Phillip Island - Monday February 28th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for racing, It's my first event here and I enjoyed a lot. I hope to repeat. Behavior in track, excelent.

See you in track!

PS: Sorry to O'Malley, the fault was mine. I slow down early, and you were very close.

Lol both rubbish for races XD, no one else to blame but myself this time. Race 1, I failed pure and simple. I was leading the race, went wide at turn 3 and Toby and Vincent went through. I got a good exit from turn 5 and had a good run on Vincent, then all of a sudden the car span, watching the replay I touched the grass and that sent the car around and straight into the barrier. Puncture and suspension damage. Pitted and got that repaired.

Here I owe a massive apology to Norm, I managed to take him out in both races :( - here's what happened.

After leaving the pits, the car just didn't behave the same, and I managed to spin on the straight. I tried my best to avoid everyone and I was actually stopped before Norm hit me - perhaps he couldn't see me. So off to the pits I go again, 2 laps down now, literally finished last, just to avoid the DNF.

Race 2 got a good start from 4th to be leading by turn 1. Toby was up into 2nd again and Vincent was catching quick. All was going well but later in the race I got a bit out of shape in turn 2 but caught it and was actually in quite a nice drift :p But Toby was a bit too hot into the corner and couldn't avoid me, so that was 50-50 really. Left rear suspension damage but I managed to keep going and was still leading, but the car was terrible. Eventually the inevitable happened and the back let go, so same situation, me stopped in the middle of the track, Norm comes round the corner and I don't know how this happened, but everyone managed to get past me, but it seems Norm either didn't see me or just plain drove straight into me :p. So off to the pits again, 2 laps down, just avoiding the DNF.

I don't know what it is with these cars, I'm on the pace with them but they just seem too twitchy. People like myself, Toby, Adam, Wayne were all on similar pace, but Vincent was easily 1s quicker than everyone else. Dunno how you do it.

I don't know what it is with these cars, I'm on the pace with them but they just seem too twitchy. People like myself, Toby, Adam, Wayne were all on similar pace, but Vincent was easily 1s quicker than everyone else. Dunno how you do it.

I couldn’t get it round in less than 1.37’s which is pathetic and uncompetitive.
Thanks to all the guys who sent set ups, im going to try them soon and see if my setup was actually that bad or I am just too slow.
I am running Windows Xp on a high spec MAC and use a G27so equipment shouldn’t be a problem. But this is my 4th Megane race and I seem to become more and more uncompetitive each week and ive noticed my straight line speed is often far too slow compared to others
If anyone has some magic tips they will of course be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.

Quali 1: Set a PB but was in 5th.

Race 1: Made a good start and was up to 4th. Got a bit too deep in turn 4 and got the wheel on the grass which just pulled the car further out. Rejoined near the back and overtook Steve going around the final couple of corners. Got past several others as they went off and found myself in 4th. Slowly made ground on Toby and Wayne but I was too far back, so stayed 4th.

Quali 2: Smashed my PB to go 2nd.

Race 2: Made a good start but Chris made a better one. I followed him around turns 1 and 2 but Vincent and Toby went around the outside of me in turn 2 as I just made sure of keeping the car on the track this time. Came down to turn 4 and I sat back behind the front 3 but took an almighty whack up the rear and off I went. Got back going again in 9th but the suspension was ruined. I got past Steve and then took a few more as they went off. I got up to 4th, 3 seconds behind Andy but with the car bouncing around right-hand turns and being a lot slower on the straights as I had to turn right to keep it straight, I just couldn't close on him. Eventually, he lost a bit of time from passing a backmarker and I think he started watching his mirrors more as I was getting closer to him. I was given a psychological boost by this and was able to close in but I just lacked the straight line speed to really close in. In the end he held on, leaving me with another 4th.

Thanks for racing :)

Not one of my favourite tracks this one, but still enjoyed the races.
Was very surprised how quick tyres went off :eek:

Race 1 I think I got up to about 4th but then managed to clip a curb on the last right hander and shunted into Tony, sorry mate, dont think it caused you too much of a problem. Messed up my suspension, so had to pit to repair.

Second race was a strange one, people were falling off all over the place....

Got up into 3rd and knew I couldnt catch Esteve, so plodded away trying to make sure I kept a few seconds between me and Adam...
Was a very close call in the end. Yeah, I spent far too much time looking in the mirrors, a dangerous game!
I think another lap and you'd have got me there, I was losing so much time round the bends trying to stay on the road!!

Thanks as usual for the races :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back