Media Gallery added

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hi guys/gals,

I have just added a new feature to our community: The Media Gallery, and you can find the "media" link in the navigation bar of the site and forums.

This modification lets you submit videos from YouTube and categorize them for browsing on RaceDepartment.

Currently we have three main categories
- Automotive (with all the latest cars and bikes videos)
- Motorsports (Formula One and other series videos)
- Racing Games & Simulations (All movies from your favorite games)

Every member of RaceDepartment can submit videos to the gallery. Please make sure that you copy/paste the youtube url in the retrieve box and the system will do the rest for you. Simply select the right category and submit your video, thats all.

You can add videos, add comments, give "likes" and share the videos with your friends.

For our premium members we even have something extra special as you can put all your favorite videos in your own personalized Playlists and users can skip the moderation queue.

Happy sharing and viewing people :)

PS: if you encounter any buys please report them here.

I like watching new videos in the game section, I can also see if there are new ones.
I don't think that I brows to a separate media section to see if there are new videos.

Sorry no like from me

Hello.
Thanks for your support and hosting our videos as always.
I'm sorry, but I'd like to report my problem this time.
I've already posted several videos to RD. But yesterday, I tried to post this YouTube video to RD

My YouTube video

But "RaceDepartment Forums - Error Media URL did not match any supported services." message was displayed and I could not post it.
I've waited for a day (over 24 hours) but still I can't post it.
I'm not sure what is the cause of this problem. So I need your RD team's help and advice.
Thank you :)

Thanks for your kind reply and advice, Bram.
When I first posted my video to YouTube, I posted it as "Private" because I wanted to make sure the encoding was ok. Then changed it to "Public". This may be the cause of this problem.
This time, I've tried to save it as "Public" once again and I became able to post it to RD !
From the next time, I'd like to post my video as "Public" when I first post it.
Thanks again :) !

Thanks for your kind reply and advice, Bram.
When I first posted my video to YouTube, I posted it as "Private" because I wanted to make sure the encoding was ok. Then changed it to "Public". This may be the cause of this problem.
This time, I've tried to save it as "Public" once again and I became able to post it to RD !
From the next time, I'd like to post my video as "Public" when I first post it.
Thanks again :) !

There is a setting on videos to stop them being embedded even if they are public. Maybe this is set active when they are private and it carried over when you made it public.

Ah ok, maybe Youtube needs some time to convert the permissions?

If possible please check again later, its a nice vid so we must find a way to get it in the gallery :)
Thanks for your reply and kind words, Bram.
It seems to need a little time to save all changes from "Private" to "Public".
I had the same experience before. I tried to post my video soon after changing it from "Private" to "Public", but I could not. And I waited for a few hours, then I became able to post it. I'm not sure the reason, but this happens.
This time, thanks to your advice, I understand some "Private" related setting causes the problem and I can solve it by re-saving the video as "Public".
Thank you :) !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back