Mechanical Failures

I found this in my PLR;

[ Mechanical Failures ]
CURNT Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
PRACT Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
QUICK Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
FRACE Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
CHAMP Failure Rate="0" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
MULTI Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
RPLAY Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
TIMET Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
DDUEL Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
DSCHL Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)
ARCAD Failure Rate="1" // Mechanical failure rate (0-none, 1-normal, 2-timescaled, 3-season)

Notice that during a championship, mechanical failures is turned off ^^ ???

So I have 2 questions:

There is no timescale in the options menu like there is in GTR2 and rF, so what would happen if I set mechanical failures to timescaled?

And what does "season" mean? Anyone know?

"Season" has been in PLR files since F1 challenge 99-02, in that game each track GDB file had the drivers laps completeted and reason for DNF included , if you chose the Season failure option they would always retire at that point. I'm not sure if it works in Simbins games or not.

Some options in the PLR file change themselves back to default each time you start the game - this was the case in GTR2 at least, so if you set it to timescale it might just revert to 0 or 1. But you'd have to test to find out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back