F1 2011 Mechanical Failures + damage model

• Thread starter Deleted member 22120
  • Start date
F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
D

Deleted member 22120

• Deleted member 22120

Is F1 2011 introducing mechanical failures like engine failures? And more important, is there a new damage model?
Does someone know about this?

I've quit watching after 30 seconds. Alot of bladiebla as i have heard during the development of F1 2010. Just waiting for the release then we will see what is in the game and which important F1 2011 stuff they "forgot" to implement.

Yes there will be mechanical faults. Suspension can be damaged from bumping a car too hard, enginge can blow from over reving too much, I'm sure I also heard that the gearbox can fail from short shifting etc but not sure. Hopefully these mechanical failures effect the AI also so they actually have to pit for reasons other than fresh tyres.

Yes there will be mechanical faults. Suspension can be damaged from bumping a car too hard, enginge can blow from over reving too much, I'm sure I also heard that the gearbox can fail from short shifting etc but not sure. Hopefully these mechanical failures effect the AI also so they actually have to pit for reasons other than fresh tyres.

Agreed with Allan.......it annoys me that i crash out of a gp after 50 laps or whatever, only to find every other car finished. A little unrealistic i think. I think ive only ever seen another DNF when i was the cause of it. And even then it has to be a really hard hit for him not to be able to continue.

I've quit watching after 30 seconds. Alot of bladiebla as i have heard during the development of F1 2010. Just waiting for the release then we will see what is in the game and which important F1 2011 stuff they "forgot" to implement.
It's not that bad an interview, I don't think I've ever seen one from someone who actually seems to watch F1 and the lack of knowledge is pretty clear in a lot of them. They do reveal a few cool things in the video though that I hadn't heard before :)

yea with mechanical failures I hope its in both online cop-op and offline modes. I wish they had it in 2010 and I just finished my 1st season on career mode there should of been 3-4 races were i should of blown a motor or break the suspension lol in someway and winning the championship you need to be on point each week but also have some luck along the way and the AI sucks in 2010, my first season was on pro AI Strength, and in season #2 I have it on Legend with 100% race length and Ive already won the first 2 races, and have the pole for malaysia grand prix. so i hope its gunna more of effort to finish in a podium spot then 2010 is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back