Meadowdale Raceway 1963

Tracks Meadowdale Raceway 1963 Alpha v0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
ohyeah2389 submitted a new resource:

Meadowdale Raceway 1962 "Tech Demo" - An "accurate" model of Meadowdale Raceway

This is a "tech demo" of a from-scratch version of Meadowdale Raceway as it was in 1962. The model is VERY basic as of now (nothing but grass and asphalt).

Meadowdale Raceway (later known as Meadowdale International Raceway) was a death trap road course built on some hills in Carpentersville, Illinois, in the suburbs of Chicago. The track features numerous blind drops and crests plenty of elevation change, a terrifying and unsafe challenging replica of Monza's famous...

Read more about this resource...

Very interested in seeing how this project progresses. I took the TCL Ford Fairlane out for a spin, and this is a promising start! Are you planning on adding the shorter layout USAC used for their stock car races? It bypassed the first few corners, instead using a very tight hairpin, as seen here.
Meadowdale_short.jpg

Also, here's footage of the hairpin in action HERE. This video also highlights how narrow the "Monza Wall" really was.
Looking forward to updates on this!

Very interested in seeing how this project progresses. I took the TCL Ford Fairlane out for a spin, and this is a promising start! Are you planning on adding the shorter layout USAC used for their stock car races? It bypassed the first few corners, instead using a very tight hairpin, as seen here.View attachment 750069
Also, here's footage of the hairpin in action HERE. This video also highlights how narrow the "Monza Wall" really was.
Looking forward to updates on this!
I initially wasn’t planning on modeling the alternate route because I couldn’t find any reference material for the hairpin, but I certainly could and it would be fairly easy to add it at this stage (I have to redo the grass mesh anyway). The video helps a lot. I’ll merge in a later aerial photo with the hairpin and see what I can do. This will mean that the year modelled will change to 1963.

I think this will turn out great, thanks for doing the fresh version from scratch. When you get the AI line in, I can whip out some tv cam files. Really looks close so far to the photos and videos. I hope the banking can be made nice and smooth enough for most of the cars unlike oval tracks for AC can be. But also I guess maybe it's an AC's physics thing and this banking was like this, pretty steep.
Anyway, thanks again for doing this!

I think this will turn out great, thanks for doing the fresh version from scratch. When you get the AI line in, I can whip out some tv cam files. Really looks close so far to the photos and videos. I hope the banking can be made nice and smooth enough for most of the cars unlike oval tracks for AC can be. But also I guess maybe it's an AC's physics thing and this banking was like this, pretty steep.
Anyway, thanks again for doing this!
I want to hold off on cameras until at least the trees and fences are in so that the camera creator (either me, you, or whoever else) has a better idea of where to put the cameras. AI line should be coming sooner rather than later.

I made the banking rather bumpy as to match historical accounts (apparently the top was hand-packed as they couldn't afford the machines to do it). If it's TOO bumpy, I could tone it down, but I do want it to be rather bumpy.

Thanks for the feedback!

I want to hold off on cameras until at least the trees and fences are in so that the camera creator (either me, you, or whoever else) has a better idea of where to put the cameras. AI line should be coming sooner rather than later.

I made the banking rather bumpy as to match historical accounts (apparently the top was hand-packed as they couldn't afford the machines to do it). If it's TOO bumpy, I could tone it down, but I do want it to be rather bumpy.

Thanks for the feedback!
Ah OK good, and I was also thinking the same with the trees and track objects, just offered some minimal help there if needed for a tv cam set or two

Just noticed the reverberation area seems is set all around the track, so some cars sound wonky with the external sounds mixing into the cockpit sound and a bit too loud. Would you consider putting the reverb in certain areas only or removing it?

Great alpha of Meadowdale, very promising, looking forward the next steps!

I was surprised by the banked section aspect: the half left side quite flat, and half right side expectedly very banked, but with not much progression between the two. On the rare photos I could see on the internet, the banked looks like with a more homogenic angle from left to right. but these pictures are more 59's-62's..
Perhaps this section had been reworked in a way or another along the track's lifetime?

No problem with bumbs, if this section was partly hand made, it sounds as natural and challenging for an epic track like this one!

Last edited:
Great alpha of Meadowdale, very promising, looking forward the next steps!

I was surprised by the banked section aspect: the half left side quite flat, and half right side expectedly very banked, but with not much progression between the two. On the rare photos I could see on the internet, the banked looks like with a more homogenic angle from left to right. but these pictures are more 59's-62's..
Perhaps this section had been reworked in a way or another along the track's lifetime?

No problem with bumbs, if this section was partly hand made, it sounds as natural and challenging for an epic track like this one!
I don’t think the banking was ever reprofiled until it was demolished in 1968. I’ll make another pass at the grading of it; it’s quite difficult to guess 3D geometry like that from a few photos.

Just noticed the reverberation area seems is set all around the track, so some cars sound wonky with the external sounds mixing into the cockpit sound and a bit too loud. Would you consider putting the reverb in certain areas only or removing it?
Yeah, I was a little lazy with the reverb; I just copied it straight from my unreleased Blackhawk which is in the middle of many trees. I’ll redo the configuration into something a little more appropriate for the setting. In addition, the end user can edit or remove the reverb by editing or removing data/audio_sources.ini, though I am unsure if this would break the online integrity check.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 87 30.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 62 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Forum trophies