McLaren MP4 is now available...can someone please give some feedback on it?

Got the car, I 'tend to like it'.... did roughly 30 laps.

In 95% of the time, I like it. Then it spins in a slow corner on exit under LITTLE acceleration. I think it actually spins significantly easier the the Vette, which does not sound right to me. But did not play much with setup yet...

Probably setup that needs work, you can try changing Throttle Shaping to 10 so you get a more linear application of power, no hiccups sort of.

there´s loads of setups in the forum, might be a good base to start with to build on,
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/2408920.page
Was already using one of those, tried now to put the throttle shaping to 10 and even the diff preload to 0kg, Slightly better, but not much. Might be me.... but again, I can hold the Vette together in one piece on race distance....

Try turning the Preload to the other direction, what you did was making the problem worse.

less Preload is going to make the car pivot more under no throttle and under throttle.
More preload will make the car push a little instead.
To much and it will start to understeer bad.

Try turning the Preload to the other direction, what you did was making the problem worse.

less Preload is going to make the car pivot more under no throttle and under throttle.
More preload will make the car push a little instead.
To much and it will start to understeer bad.
Hm, maybe that did the trick, was just trying with the extrems now, max and 0 preload. Under max preload I managed first time to put more than 3 laps in a row in.

Guess my misunderstanding was, that I was under the impression, that because I was on the throttle I was under acceleration. But guess I still was little enough on the throttle to be still deccelerating ;).

Not sure what you mean there :) but preload affects off-throttle and on-throttle,

Really the best scenario to feel the difference is a high speed corner.
Maximum it will start to under steer off throttle and the same when you get on the power,
Minimum you might get some oversteer moments on entry and the car really wants to pivot when you apply throttle.

I like to have enough so that i can steer the car with the throttle out of high speed corners.

What happened was, that I always spun when leaving the corner and started to apply the throttel.

What I (now) understand, the preload is doing, is that I constantly has forces on, to keep the two wheels of the rear axis in synch, which means, when I apply the throttle on a straight to go straight.

Where the confusion came in was the in game desciption for the preload, where it says:
"... more preload = more locking; .... and adds overstear under acceleration"
But I think the later part only applies, as long as you are still cornering, where the 'inner' wheel should actually turn slower the the 'outer' wheel.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%