Resource icon

Skins Mclaren MP4-29 [DHD] 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Trying to work out if the people here actually see the HD images of the real cars?...the Mclaren has the sidepod sponsors with the writing only in black, the sap `shape` is white..as are the other logo`s on the sidepod `esso` etc....please look at the cars before you edit them as you will be going back over your work with a version20 being your final edit....look here at the MP29
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/10/12/2014-russian-grand-prix-pictures/kevin-magnussen-on-track-94/

I have done all the cars to a high standard and very high detail, including all sponsors etc...the mirror mapping is a pain in the rear and after extracting all the models and dds files I have to say that the final content is very poor, and in some cases with the dds files..lazy.....the LOD of the game is very low, and suggests codemasters seem to think users of the game will have a pc from 1980!...the game should drive customers to get better spec computers or `miss out`...not develop a game that is playable to all...including those on a spectrum64!!....
F1 2014 could have been released months ago as the work is simply carried over from 2013 and uses the same game engine with some graphical and gameplay tweaks....in the world of real F1 the introductions of hybrid power was a `revolution` for the sport......in F1 2014 the game it is simply an evolution` from 2013 and when you get into the files of the game using 3d editors you see the evidence of a game manafacture `cashing in` ...basically ripping customers off with more or less the same offering as the previous years....people talk about `next-gen` ...well we are not there yet and most still have to part with hard earned cash for `this-gen` and it has been an opportunity missed as most games are about playability and F1 2014 does not deliver in that respect....

I will extract my work from the game and upload it, hopefully it will please those who require the game to `look` realistic....hopefully mods here will sort the AI out .....funny how users are left to finish the work codemasters should have done!!!......

gen.

Last edited:
How it looks my Friend?
It's still WIP i think? ;)
All logos and paint parts are done along with the screws, nuts. Just need to finish the carbon parts which will take 1 or 2 hour (3 at most ) to finish because it's hard to find the correct carbon fiber on the internet if not then I will have to make it myself anyway it's 70% done , still missing specocc of course. I will post picture of it on Thursday I think.

All logos and paint parts are done along with the screws, nuts. Just need to finish the carbon parts which will take 1 or 2 hour (3 at most ) to finish because it's hard to find the correct carbon fiber on the internet if not then I will have to make it myself anyway it's 70% done , still missing specocc of course. I will post picture of it on Thursday I think.
i wonder who disliked your post :cautious: you did nothing wrong. you just answering his question regarding to how was the progress of the skin that you worked.
why don't you use your own carbons which you already have?

Last edited:
Nice to hear that! ;) i'm exited :) :)

I guess some have more time on there hands than others....adding screws and details that can`t really be seen is probably going to far....some advice, just play the game!...maybe users should not release any livery changes until they are happy the work is finished, the Williams car for instance in another thread has about 30 releases...lets not continue that here....get the files, work on them, test them...release them.....updating a screw you missed and calling it an update simply makes the post look like you are too eager to please...just take your time and then make a final release...with only 2 races left I doubt we will see many more changes unless you want to include the dead flies on the sidepods from the USA gp!!.....
I mentioned in the thread I had been working on some high detail livery changes for f1 2014...I do not intend to release or show any work until the final edit has been done...sometimes that`s the best way to stop threads turning into a confused mess.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%