McLaren MP4-13

Cars McLaren MP4-13 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Thread starter Deleted member 28995
  • Start date
It's not really a "donation" if it's done with the expectation of getting something in return.

Sorry but I donated because I thought it was going to be supported. The fact is that you can still donate but the mod is not up to date, the sounds don't work etc. What's the problem with you guys accepting the fact they can still get money but the product is not working... Am I in the twilight zone or what...

Do you guys read only a few words or what ? THHHEEE DOOOONNNAAATIIIONNN STTTIIIILLL WORRRKSSS BUTTT NOTTT THE MODDD, that shoudln"t be acceptable ! you understand
how on earth you call a free mod a busines?, it's sharing not selling, and the donation is a good thing to get when you have done a lot of work and share for free to other people, it is basically a tool for those who download a mod and feel gratitute to the guy that shared it. and wants to give something back.the mod works, only the sounds broken by kunos may not work. people has real lifes and limited time to dedicate to something wich is free and gives no return.

Just want to say it would be a shame if the MP4/13 and F300 went into waste as they are both beautiful and iconic models and high-quality mods. I hope you guys will update them, or if not, somehow make sure they don't end up in the bin.

I see some trends about Kunos picking up mod cars for DLCs, the mod development always seems to just suddenly stop. It was the case with the Miata, 787B, SF-15T and many other cars. Both of these cars would fit into the themes of the upcoming DLC packs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case. This is just a speculation on my part though. Same speculation could be applied to the 288 GTO and NSX.

I didn't get it before, but now that you've typed it out in repeating caps it makes perfect sense. :cautious:

Apparently you don't, my point is not that this is a free mod or not. My point is that the mod i broken and yet they still keep accepting donation for something that is no functional !

Fix the mod, than re open the donation.

Apparently you don't, my point is not that this is a free mod or not. My point is that the mod i broken and yet they still keep accepting donation for something that is no functional !

Fix the mod, than re open the donation.

Lol, you make it sound like people are obliged to give money despite it 'not working'...

In theory I could start a donation fund to support me, despite never even releasing a mod! Its not up to me to close it, its up to you to not bloody donate if you don't think its worth it!

If you're annoyed that you donated in the past but now it doesn't work, then get over it - nowhere did they ever state that if you donate you get full support, that's just not how it works. Just be thankful they put the effort in in the first place.

A donation is a thank you for the work done, not a contract to continue working...

Just want to say it would be a shame if the MP4/13 and F300 went into waste as they are both beautiful and iconic models and high-quality mods. I hope you guys will update them, or if not, somehow make sure they don't end up in the bin.

I see some trends about Kunos picking up mod cars for DLCs, the mod development always seems to just suddenly stop. It was the case with the Miata, 787B, SF-15T and many other cars. Both of these cars would fit into the themes of the upcoming DLC packs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case. This is just a speculation on my part though. Same speculation could be applied to the 288 GTO and NSX.

That was my thought too.
It would be wonderful.

If it's the case the modders had to say some positive about the future of the mod. I know they have to keep the secret, I mean only a cloudy thing, they will continue the work next year or just it's not a dead project.

Sorry guys, but Trevor has the point. If I stopped to work on my project AND the mod didn't work anymore, I switched off that button.

Yes, I totally agree with this:

A donation is a thank you for the work done, not a contract to continue working...

Just one small add-on from me:

A donation is a thank you for the work done and for the use of it.

He thought, it works, but it isn't. I really appreciate the modders' hard work and happily donate them regularily, but I don't think I have to donate for example the GPL modder heroes for the great work they've done in the past, because I never used their products.

Last edited:
Latest word from the team was just 3 weeks ago. Post is in this thread. Our friend Trevor even replied to it... I mean...

With XXXX like that in the scene it's a small wonder any of us bother sharing our mods at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
A donation is a thank you for the work done and I can use it.

Then if you can't use it, don't donate - it's so simple. Just because there is a donate option available, nobody is required, expected or even encouraged to donate if the mod is not in a usable state - this should be common sense.

He thought, it works, but it isn't.

Again, I have no idea how this is relevant. Did he think the mod was fully functional, and therefore donated? If that's the case, I have no sympathy for such stupidity.

I don't think I have to donate for example the GPL modder heroes for the great work they've done in the past, because I never used their products.

Nor do I. And not a single creator of this mod (or any) expects anyone to donate for work done in the past. This brings me back to my original point, don't donate if you don't think its worth it.

I expect everyone capable of downloading a free mod is also capable of justifying whether or not its worth giving a small donation to the creators. Whether its fully functional or not (and where do you even draw that line...), its 100% up to the user to make that decision.

Just because you believe that this particular mod doesn't warrant a donation to the creator (completely reasonable), in no way does that mean the option must be removed, nor that other users agree.

The bottom line is that it's fully optional. Donate or don't, but leave it to the individual user to make their own decision.

Sorry but I donated because I thought it was going to be supported. The fact is that you can still donate but the mod is not up to date, the sounds don't work etc. What's the problem with you guys accepting the fact they can still get money but the product is not working... Am I in the twilight zone or what...

The way most people approach this is they download and try the free mod, if they like it they give a donation. Giving a donation first and then hoping the mod is good seems backwards. Like everyone else has said, this isn't a business and they have no obligations to anyone to do anything, and you have no obligation to make a donation. So, lesson learned, in the future try the mod first before giving a donation. Hopefully you didn't donate a sum that's worth being upset about. And if you want the sounds to work you can always download Content Manager and swap in the sounds from another car to get you by until the creators update the mod. :thumbsup:

so...ON topic (?)..i think i saw this posted to reddit a few days ago & was wondering what the modders think:
http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/810/mclaren-mp4-13
"At the same time, it also became clear that McLaren were using brake energy to generate electrical power that is stored in batteries. This electricity is then used to run auxiliary pumps on the engine to push out an additional 30 to 40 hp for a limited period."

if accurate i hope it gets included in an update. i really enjoy this gen, but it can't be an easy task modding an adrian newey car.

Latest word from the team was just 3 weeks ago. Post is in this thread. Our friend Trevor even replied to it... I mean...

With idiots like that in the scene it's a small wonder any of us bother sharing our mods at all.

Wow calling me an idiot, I have refrained myself from those kind of terms, seems you're the lesser mind here, because you can't hold yourself and talk civilized.

You all miss the point... you can donate still to a broken mod ! Close the donation until it's fixed and than re open the donation. How can't you understand that... they are still accepting donation on something that's broken ! fcs man.

You all miss the point... you can donate still to a broken mod ! Close the donation until it's fixed and than re open the donation. How can't you understand that... they are still accepting donation on something that's broken ! fcs man.

I understand it, but it's neither here nor there because most people try the mod first and if it's broken they won't donate. Simple.

Lol, I think you're missing the point.

Just because you think its not worth a donation in this state, who's to say that someone else thinks it is worth their money? That's their choice, not yours.

And like I said before, we're all working under the assumption that if you've gotten this far, then you should be bright enough to thoroughly test the mod BEFORE making the choice of whether to donate or not. Donating blindly under the assumption it will be supported eternally is plain stupid.

If that's too difficult to understand, then I think perhaps this is not the right place for you.

Also, what defines 'broken'? Last I checked, you can still drive it, set lap times, listen to the interior sounds, marvel at the amazing model, appreciate the skins available... (the list goes on), and to many that might be enough to warrant them donating a little for the mod creators efforts.

You don't think so, that's fine. But don't be trying to make other people's choices for them, let them make it themselves.

I understand it, but it's neither here nor there because most people try the mod first and if it's broken they won't donate. Simple.

Sure, said like that it makes sens. I still think if you're an honorable person, you would take down the donation until you fix your mod. Because it's not just this mod, it's other of their mods aswell.

Lol, I think you're missing the point.

Just because you think its not worth a donation in this state, who's to say that someone else thinks it is worth their money? That's their choice, not yours.

And like I said before, we're all working under the assumption that if you've gotten this far, then you should be bright enough to thoroughly test the mod BEFORE making the choice of whether to donate or not. Donating blindly under the assumption it will be supported eternally is plain stupid.

If that's too difficult to understand, then I think perhaps this is not the right place for you.

Also, what defines 'broken'? Last I checked, you can still drive it, set lap times, listen to the interior sounds, marvel at the amazing model, appreciate the skins available... (the list goes on), and to many that might be enough to warrant them donating a little for the mod creators efforts.

You don't think so, that's fine. But don't be trying to make other people's choices for them, let them make it themselves.

It's not up to date at all. Nobody is discusting how to use your money... I never even said that once. Don't go make up stuff to try and make an argument for your case. It's very simple, the mod is broken close the donation. Fix the mod, open the donation.

It's not up to date at all. Nobody is discusting how to use your money... I never even said that once. Don't go make up stuff to try and make an argument for your case. It's very simple, the mod is broken close the donation. Fix the mod, open the donation.

Support the team
Also remember that you can support our work, and upcoming projects by just donating a small amount. Thanks for your support!

Key word is TEAM. When you donate, you're donating the TEAM, not this specific mod. They have made and will continue to make content.

So why close the donate button just because for this particular mod there is one aspect which you think is not up to par? They make other things too.

What if I love this mod (despite any issues) and want to give the team behind it a little incentive to create more in the future? Why shouldn't there be a link here to let me do that?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%