McLaren MP4-13 @ Spa-Francorchamps

Rear is dancing too much. Losing in mid corner. All sure rear camber or toe or wing is the same like in the setup??

JkMd4SV.jpg

She keeps sliding. F and R 8-8 and all the same but she is going far from the apex or if i hit the apex i lose the rear. I of course play with the throttle and the optimal lap i did was around 1:54.

Last edited:
1.25, note that 1.3 is too much, you cannot drive fast if there's too much grip because the laws of physics. Still original grip 0.98 is not enough, makes this track like ice rink...tomorrow I will leave this poor hacked AC and start new career with projectCARS so see you there :)

Mate i am not speaking nor considering the lap times done with changed surface.ini of which i just learnt very recently, as soon as two weeks ago. For the simulation that i thought there is no way to be cheated now its easy like 2+2 and that pisses me off. You cannot trust laptimes of others. But i still take it they, like me, won't find it enjoyable to lie themselves just like i don't enjoy lying myself.

I would like to make a video and show you guys how it is on my side, with the problems and all faults. I got 1:53.8 with no assists at all. Nothing. I take it with normal or factory ABS would be able to go at least 1.5sec faster. But thats yet to be driven. Nice laps from the guys above! If they have some hints of the gears or something, pls share it if you like. Thank you

Last edited:
Mate i am not speaking nor considering the lap times done with changed surface.ini of which i just learnt very recently, as soon as two weeks ago. For the simulation that i thought there is no way to be cheated now its easy like 2+2 and that pisses me off. You cannot trust laptimes of others. But i still take it they, like me, won't find it enjoyable to lie themselves just like i don't enjoy lying myself.

I would like to make a video and show you guys how it is on my side, with the problems and all faults. I got 1:53.8 with no assists at all. Nothing. I take it with normal or factory ABS would be able to go at least 1.5sec faster. But thats yet to be driven. Nice laps from the guys above! If they have some hints of the gears or something, pls share it if you like. Thank you
hi dux i also can do 1.51 with this set , if you are going too deep with this set you will loose a lot of time, if you are using first gear at any time you have gone too deep ,so maybe back off a touch before the corners except elrouge go flatout in 6th ,oops forgot too mention changed too softs and q fuel

Last edited:
hi dux i also can do 1.51 with this set , if you are going too deep with this set you will loose a lot of time, if you are using first gear at any time you have gone too deep ,so maybe back off a touch before the corners except elrouge go flatout in 6th ,oops forgot too mention changed too softs and q fuel

I noticed that very early on. It's not like todays cars. This is very narrow thus, like you say, i am going the opposite of deep. I never use 1st gear. Except the 1st turn, but even then the car just slides, like on the picture above, like there is no wings to hold her in normal trajectory. I try to safe it but now way, she just slides. It's tricky. Needs practice. In 20 laps so far now 1:53.8 i take it it's not that bad but i find it difficult to get past that mark. Gonna try it anyway.

Last edited:
i am afraid there is no getting away that these cars do not have much grip , so all you can do is practice a lot , maybe there will be an update for them too have a little more grip hopefully

What's the point editing the surface.ini to enhance laptime? That's ridiculous! If you can't handle the original grip I strongly suggest you to switch to more arcade oriented games such as CM F1 series or Pcars...

More grip is more fun? Hard driving is boring? Something is wrong here :D Best I can do is 53 with my own setup, optimum surface and a lot of tries. Eduard from our team (Virtua Simulazioni) did a 50 flat. I doubt anything below 49 is possible. I find the challenge fun, if you want lots of grip, go and play Need For Speed ;)

More grip is more fun? Hard driving is boring? Something is wrong here :D Best I can do is 53 with my own setup, optimum surface and a lot of tries. Eduard from our team (Virtua Simulazioni) did a 50 flat. I doubt anything below 49 is possible. I find the challenge fun, if you want lots of grip, go and play Need For Speed ;)
Well, my estimation was completely off :D

For one second i thought new spa is faster than the old one! but it's not ,it's even slower. So i guess 49s are the limit for this combo. Even low 49s would be suspicious.

Well, my estimation was completely off :D

For one second i thought new spa is faster than old one! but it's not ,it's even slower. So i guess 49s are the limit here. Even low 49s would suspicious.
On limit laps are 52's, people who do 51's are really good. The best I've seen is a 50.8. 49 is suspectable. Extremely hard to achieve.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 129 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%