McLaren MP4-12C officially dead...replacement license?

Marcel vd Aa

AC Paint Guru
Now that the procuction of the McLaren MP4-12C is officially terminated let's hope that AC gets its replacement licensed too: the new Mclaren 650S. Slightly faster, more powerfull and in my opinion much better looking. What's your opinion?

07_mclaren_650s_coupe.jpg

It's basically the front end of a P1, and the rear end of a 12C, and a power output in between lol.

Personally, I dont think it's great looking, I like the 12C more from an aesthetics point of view. But hey, there are some incredibly skilled modders out there and if Kunos don't make this model, I'm sure the modders will.

Yep, the 650S looks a bit like a Frankencar.

I think they would have done much better by approaching the car as a new design project instead of simply building the it from existing designs like it was a LEGO set. Although from the business perspective I completely understand the advantage of doing what they did. They're using well tested and proven technology to create a new product - it's more evolutionary than revolutionary.

I think because it's McLaren we've come to expect a certain amount of visual excitement from their offerings and this one falls a bit flat in that respect but the proof is in the driving so we may yet get a pleasant surprise once it becomes available to drive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back