1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC McLaren MP4-12C officially dead...replacement license?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Marcel vd Aa, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Now that the procuction of the McLaren MP4-12C is officially terminated let's hope that AC gets its replacement licensed too: the new Mclaren 650S. Slightly faster, more powerfull and in my opinion much better looking. What's your opinion?

[​IMG]

2. I'd rather have the P1.

The front end of the 650 does nothing for me, the 12C is a lot better looking imo.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

It's basically the front end of a P1, and the rear end of a 12C, and a power output in between lol.

Personally, I dont think it's great looking, I like the 12C more from an aesthetics point of view. But hey, there are some incredibly skilled modders out there and if Kunos don't make this model, I'm sure the modders will.

4. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I agree with @Ben Goymer and @Chris Stacy, I think the 12C looks better. Well always be one of my favorite cars. The p1 looks nice but the 650s doesn't do it for me.

5. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

I honestly couldn't care less for the look of the McLaren cars... Too much going on IMO. But I freaking love driving the 12C, road and GT3 , and if the 650S is anything like it, bring it on!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep, the 650S looks a bit like a Frankencar.

I think they would have done much better by approaching the car as a new design project instead of simply building the it from existing designs like it was a LEGO set. Although from the business perspective I completely understand the advantage of doing what they did. They're using well tested and proven technology to create a new product - it's more evolutionary than revolutionary.

I think because it's McLaren we've come to expect a certain amount of visual excitement from their offerings and this one falls a bit flat in that respect but the proof is in the driving so we may yet get a pleasant surprise once it becomes available to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well Marco teased the P1 on his FB so it is fairly sure that we get it probably in the dream pack (he posted the photo of the P1 on the nordschleife)

8. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Mclaren P1 is allready confirmed gents...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

I thought the 650S was just a new car and that it's production would run along side the 12C, not replacing it?

10. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

That was initially what Mclaren said yes but today they announced that the 12C will go out of production. Existing customers will get an upgrade to the 650S' specs for free though

11. Hopefully not, is looking nearly ugly.
    P1 and 12C are enough and a better mix :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. It's not a car whom particularly interested...
    But who says no for a free 650S?

13. My opinion is we need more McLaren's RACING cars!

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

If AC got some late 80's early 90's MP4-XX's I wouldn't be able to leave my computer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

If Kunos somehow got the license to the F1 GTR, then... Well... I can't really even think of any words to describe it. All I know is that I probably wouldn't see the light of day for the next 3 or 4 months.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. I'd like to see some blue, orange, red, and brown...... whistle.gif

7838197224_166196503d_o.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Don't forget about Black & Pink papa :whistling:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. OK you guys are torturing me! Now I can't stop thinking about what it would be like to race the F1 GTR against an Enzo configured to GTR specs:O_o:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  20. McLaren F1 GTR v Mercedes Benz CLK GTR? 90's GT1 racing FTW!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1