• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

McLaren Honda Career Mode

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by MiniHulk85, Sep 17, 2017.

1. MiniHulk85

MiniHulk85

Ratings:
    +5
    Starting off at McLaren and just want some ideas on which way could be the best way to go about upgrading the car. Would I be right in thinking that the best way would be to get all the durability upgrades 1st before I work on power?

2. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +463
    I went all for the engine first and at the end of the first season the Honda lawnmower is still sluggish as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StrathCarse

StrathCarse

Ratings:
    +2
    I've spend my first season going only for engine power and durability. I'm starting the second season the engine is still not great (one power upgrade left) but at least it's not "gp2 engine" anymore :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. MiniHulk85

MiniHulk85

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks fellas. Looks like I've got a season or two to really get the McLaren on the pace. Gonna be a long hard slog.

Do you still get mid season offers off teams like previous games??

5. MiniHulk85

MiniHulk85

Ratings:
    +5
    CM should have given the Honda either more upgrades, or more powerful ones looking at the power upgrades. Its still gonna be the slowest engine, even when fully upgraded.

EDIT - Just gave it a quick workout. If you fully upgrade the Honda engine, it becomes as quick as the standard Mercedes engine. The Merc, Ferrari, and Renault engines will be near maxed out I'd guess once fully upgraded. I have not worked out the fuel efficiency, just brute power.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  6. Hatsu

Hatsu

Ratings:
    +28
    Yes, you do.

• Like Like x 1