1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

McLaren Confirms Interest Kimi Raikkonen

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dan Hawkins, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

McLaren Confirms Interest Kimi Raikkonen

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Would hate to see Button move away from the team to make space for Kimi. But on the other hand I don't see Kimi going back to Ferrari either after they let him go only just a few years ago. On the other hand staying another year at the (under-performing) Lotus team isn't really an option either.

It's going to be a tough battle for the few available top team seats next year for sure :)

3. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I don't know why he would go for an underpowered McLaren, but, he could make the team more consistent.

4. Jenson and Kimi on the same team? Works fine.
    Sergio and Kimi on the same team? Perez would have a black-eye by race 2.

5. Ferrari could use a better 2nd driver with Kimi. He probably won't want to go back to McLaren after all the problems he had with reliability with them.

6. 2014 (MP-4/29?) is going to be a whole new ballgame. Nobody knows which team will build the best 'turbos' yet, although we can guess the wealthiest teams (RB, to begin with) will still be in the first tier.

7. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Funniest picture of Whitmarsh ever.

8. He is pulling his pants up after getting another spanking!

Seriously, I would love to see JB and Kimi is the team for 2014? Make it so....