Mazda RX-3 @ Lime Rock Mountain - Thu 22rd March 2012

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Mazda RX-3 (Download Caution - Large download, so don't leave it too late)
Track: Lime Rock Mountain (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.40 (11 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.10 (11 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Mod Only
Note2: Race1 = TC-65 Class, Race2 = GTC-76 Class

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Jack Smith
  4. Dmytro Botnarenko
  5. Peter Van Zanten
  6. Warren Dawes
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

I didn't enjoy the screaming of the engine, but it was a great car to drive regardless. Had some mid-pack racing, good fun on a nice track.

Had to bail from race 2, apologies. Tired, jaded a lot lately.

Thanks to Stuart, see you all next week

Race 1 was fun, the Group 2 Mazda was a very enjoyable piece of machinery, that suited me well. Did not really have a flawless race though, but inbetween spins and crashes I had some awesome laps fighting with Jacob, Warren and Senad. Great stuff, just no great result.
What a sound, cockpits and liveries! Professional work!
Agreed, this mod is truly a work of art. Highly immersive to drive as well!
Therefore I was quite gutted that I was completely hopeless in the Group 4 car. It looks great, sounds awesome, but for some reason I could not come to grips with it at all. I seriously tried, practised so hard that I had not even tried the Group 2 car until Official Practice 1. But still, I could barely do 2 consecutive laps without crash or spin:oops: . So race 2 was a horrorshow, with me even unable to keep up with guys just getting into the car cold and unprepared:(. Still love the car though, just wish I'll find a way to make it work wíth me.

Grats to Mate and Stuart for the wins, and respect to all others who actually could get along with this car :D !

EDIT: Warren, I just did a 12-lap stint using your setup you so kindly shared and using brake settings like Stuarts, and I was a lot more consistent with it. I still can't get below 1:50, and I still spun several times, but it's in only 1 place of the track now. So maybe, just maybe, there's still hope for me and this car :p.

You're not alone Roland. I drove this one a week ago and had a lot of troubles getting used to it. The tires feels quite unforgiving under combined slip for me. It feels really nice if I coast through a corner on light throttle, but as soon as I combine with some braking/power it spins so easily. It doesn't go well with my driving style:D

But the mod itself is very well made though. Love the engine and the chassis/suspension. With another set of tires it could be one of my favorite mods.

But the mod itself is very well made though. Love the engine and the chassis/suspension. With another set of tires it could be one of my favorite mods.
It's interesting how different cars / different physics suit different drivers. I personally preferred the GTC Mazda over the TC Mazda, loved both though. That was a strange love affair for me however, because I thought the GTC Mazda behaved similarly to the Porsche 911 RSR in terms of the rear end letting go and not being recoverable, which usually kills me with the Porsche. :eek: For Race 2, I rapidly learned from my practice laps what "not to do". ;)

In the end, I love the fact that GTL cars are all so different, if they all behaved the same and had heaps of grip, it would be very boring for me. This is why I drive GTL instead of Race 07. :D

It's interesting how different cars / different physics suit different drivers....
In the end, I love the fact that GTL cars are all so different, if they all behaved the same and had heaps of grip, it would be very boring for me. This is why I drive GTL instead of Race 07. :D
My feelings exactly Warren, did you just read my mind??

And as for this car, any time it comes around again, count me in! I'm not giving up just yet:D!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back