AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Zandvoort- Wed 06/09/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hello, due to professional reasons I am not going to be home tonight. My apologies.
Bugger. Family stuff has come up meaning I won’t be able to make this one. On the plus side some lucky devil on the reserve list gets to race an awesome combo.
Hi all, apologies but I'll have to miss tonight too, have a great night :)
Sorry, but cannot make tonight. Hope I am early enough for a reserve to jump in.

Have a good race gentlemen
signing out..Thanx.

ok no probs

Well, this was without a doubt the most fun I've had for quite some time! For some reason, I wasn't scraping the bottom of the barrel pace-wise like I was in most of the previous MX5 races, had great battles throughout the race (literally from start to finish) and even finished higher than I would expect. Great fun! Though 25 liters wasn't enough in my case - I ran out at the start of the main straight, which meant coasting to the finish line. Thankfully it only cost me one place in the end.

Also, at the start, I thought I unintentionally caused some wrecking behind me as I missed a downshift before T1, which kinda threw me into panic mode for a moment and then I saw wrecking in my mirror, which caused me to panic a bit more for a moment and I even considered pulling over, but I didn't really know who was involved in that crash so in the end I didn't. Turns out it was the right call as checking the replay, it seems like the crash wasn't my fault at all :)

So yeah, all around a great race for me, thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

I crossed the line with half a litre left, and was perhaps using higher gears than others... It's also true that if you spin a couple of times you might use up a fair bit of extra fuel getting back up to speed :S
Enjoyed that a lot, though it was a bit of a shame not to be in a close battle the whole time. Nevertheless I was watching the gap to p2&3 very closely, because one off-track moment and David and Joel would have been all over me!

I was probably too focused on avoiding contact in turn 2 (Gerlachtbocht?) and ended up running wide onto the grass instead :rolleyes: Otherwise there were some fun battles as usual once I'd caught back up and in the end was just a whisker away from catching the out-of-fuel Martin on the finish straight.
Fastest lap too apparently, blimey! Just need to learn how to stay on the black stuff and do that a bit more consistently :p

Thanks as always to @Rupe Wilson for hosting, despite feeling groggy :thumbsup:

That was a lot of fun, indeed!

Unexpected good qualy for me, 3rd on the grid. Then Andy stormed passed me at the start, awesome first Tarzanbocht up at the front from the top guys, then Andy went wide. I had a little panic moment there, when I was debating with myself of that was caused by me being close to him (you never know in simracing). The following battle with Joel was very nice, he making a good save before the last corner, me making an expectacular but lucky one on T1. In the end, Joel had a lot more pace than me and managed to pull away. I was happy with my pace, though, so the final 3rd was the best I could do. It was a really nice combo, a lot less bumpy than with the GT4s a couple weeks before.

Also thanks @Rupe Wilson for the awesome effort despite the health issues. I hope you get well really quick!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back