AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Red Bull Ring GP - Wed 23/08/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Reserve drivers
please remember to keep off the server when official practice starts. The staff member in charge will inform you on teamspeak when and if you can join the server.
This is usually around qually time if not posted before hand :)

Dont forget real names to be used in teamspeak and in the game server

That was awesome fun. My first ever multi-player VR race. First couple of laps were hectic, avoiding a few wrecks (much more fun in VR when you can almost feel the cars) and then through the middle I mostly held 5th, moving away from 6th and 4th moving away from me, a bit lonely. Towards the end 6th started gaining on me, then the last couple of laps were all over me and 7th joined the party, 7th mugged both of us and 6th just mugged me, so I finished 7th overall but those last laps were amazing in VR. It's amazing how it helps spatial awareness, I could pull off close driving that I never would have dreamed of on monitors. Awesome. Thanks for hosting brilliant races, thanks for clean fast fair driving, thanks for fun battles.

My first race with this car since 2 and a half month and I'm quite happy. A clean and nice race with close qualifying but I spent the race alone in front :ninja: see you at the next one

Yeah, I was also a bit lonely - sandwiched in between two battles but a second or two adrift from each of them. Couldn't quite catch up to the battle in front and didn't really want to drop back to join the one behind ;)

Yeah, I was also a bit lonely - sandwiched in between two battles but a second or two adrift from each of them. Couldn't quite catch up to the battle in front and didn't really want to drop back to join the one behind ;)

Every time I closed the gap a bit you’d bugger off again, do I smell or something? ;)

What a mess... :roflmao:

Qualy wasn't all that well, I couldn't deliver my best laps in the right moment, so much traffic at the start of the session and then at the end I simply couldn't drive good... Anyway, 8th on the grid.

The race started frantic but somehow clean. I was passed by a couple of guys (my starts aren't that good). I was happy surviving T1, though. In T2 I was slightly punted while trying to overtake (classic open entry and tight exit), but all good. The next 2 laps were a constant fighting, but everything was clean, until T1 on lap... 4 I believe. The 2 guys in front of me were battling and got it wrong on the last corner, so I could pass the first one on the main straight and be slightly in front of the second on the entry of T1, I made the apex but was punted sideways by him. I could avoid the spin but made a mess of it (one big S) and some people passed me. Watching the replay I believe that I was in front, but I suppose I also was a little greedy there, so... racing incident I suppose. Maybe was the heat of the moment, but I didn't hear a word from him, nor he slowed a bit. Maybe he was entirely sure that it was my fault or something... :unsure:

After that I was 14th or so, for a couple of laps. Then I was battling with Joel. Both made mistakes and keep at it, but in the end we touched on the last corner. I was off after the second to last cornet, I waited for him to pass me, which he did, then I rejoined the track just after him, his rear end was pretty lose after taking the corner and consequentely he was a little slower than me. I punted him and with that helped him spin. I waited for him and said "sorry" multiple times, but as I discovered later on, my mike wasn't in the right position. Maybe you could hear me or maybe not. Anyway, sorry again, Joel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back