AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Imola - Wed 16/08/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sign me up!
Hi all. Can I please sign up for this event. AC noob looking to improve his skills with the help of all of you. I tried out Rf2 and sucked so bad at it I got myself AC. Really enjoying this sim and I want to race with the RD community because I know we all want fun racing, even if I'm bringing up the rear of the field I know I can improve with the help I'll get here. I was tempted to sign up for tonights event but I see we got a full house already. Thanks
adding you now :)

I was enjoying that steady race until the last lap whilst trying to catch @Schwud Nelsh up. On the very last lap my pc suffered a catastrophic crash. I actually think my GPU over heated.:( Had to switch off at the plug socket. I hope my GPU is not on the way out.
@Rupe Wilson Thanks for the organising. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I was enjoying that steady race until the last lap whilst trying to catch Dave up. On the very last lap my pc suffered a catastrophic crash. I actually think my GPU over heated.:( Had to switch off at the plug socket. I hope my GPU is not on the way out.
@Rupe Wilson Thanks for the organising. :thumbsup:
So we won't get an "Andy's race report" this time? :(
I really like to read them, especially when I can't make it for the race :)

So we won't get an "Andy's race report" this time? :(
I really like to read them, especially when I can't make it for the race :)

If I could have captured the race replay I would be doing one. I'm a bit peeved off to be honest. I had some great and interesting screen grabs to show you guys, and with no names being shown either. ;):):)

Last edited:
Well, I failed everyone today, most notably myself. I switched to sequential instead of full manual again after a few laps in practice. But I simply suffered from too many misshifts and if I stayed with full manual, I likely wouldn't have even finished the race :( Guess I still need a (lot) more practice (and/or need to learn heel and toe). At least I went with sequential stick instead of paddles, to make it at least a bit more realistic in this regard.

If I indirectly made life difficult for someone in Tamburello on the very first lap, I apologize. First lap is always a very stressful experience for me, I try to leave enough room for everyone while not falling too much behind, but I got bumped from behind, which I usually take as being my fault for braking too early (yeah, I know...), so it didn't help things, and then a car in front of me suddenly started slowing down and pulling to the side, I didn't feel like there was enough room to go around, then I saw cars colliding right behind me (again thinking I indirectly caused that)...yeah, could've gone better. Looking at the replay it seems like none of it was really my fault, but still.

Also apologies to @Poloman for being so terrible at rejoining the race while you were waiting for me :(

Other than that, a very fun race, especially the second half with me chasing @Denis Betty and trying to get a pass...probably could've done it a few times, but I didn't want to take us both out, so didn't really commit as hard as I probably could.

I also fear I might show up quite a few times on @Andy Jackson's white line report, but as always, I tried to not get and advantage out of it if I did run over them. (Edit: Well apparently I won't...)

Thanks for the race :thumbsup:

I also fear I might show up quite a few times on @Andy Jackson's white line report, but as always, I tried to not get and advantage out of it if I did run over them.
:thumbsup:

lol :roflmao: Martin, you are safe. Due to PC going down I have no replay to study. So you free of any prosecution today. Breath easy. :thumbsup::D

ps, I know you are one of the clean rule abiding racers Martin. Doing it by sheer accident is fine, doing it lap after lap and not lifting off is not.:thumbsup:
regards and all the best and congratulations on finishing the race.
Andy

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years