1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars Mazda MX-5 1.1

1995 1.8i Mazda Miata by Pure Team

1. Gergely Kiss submitted a new resource:

Mazda MX-5 - 1995 1.8i Mazda Miata by Pure Team

Read more about this resource...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Benutzername

Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

Sometimes i thought the project was dead (i mean, we got to see the great model very early and after that there was basically nothing new to see).

Great car, great mod, worth the wait.

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Matt

Premium Member

Thanks for releasing with proper sounds, can't wait to boot this up on a few tracks and have some fun.

3D model looks great
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  4. Benutzername

Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

The "3rd party" hack is needed for basically every modded car since Kunos messes up mods with nearly every update. Its a general fix many mods needed already. Run it one time, and every mod will run fine. Many people did that already so it works already, for the others, there is the fix.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Sorry guys, some complications meant either delay again disappointing people further or release with this 'temporary' fix. New sounds are incoming.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Further to my evaluation comments, which after some more testing seem overly critical - it seems that the driveability issue I mentioned is down to a too-quick steering ratio in the mod (the real NA Miata in fact has a very slow steering ratio of about 3 turns lock-to-lock, albeit neutralized in its effect a bit by the Miata's tight turning radius) and perhaps some too-easily induced snap oversteer that can't readily be caught. With some practice you can compensate but it's not ideal. Because the mod authors have chosen to encrypt the data file it's impossible to check what the steering ratio has been set to in this mod.

Otherwise a great mod, hopefully this can get sorted.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  7. Sorry if it's a dumb question but how to apply (or download) the hack to make engine sounds audible? Couldn't see anything in the folder & a google search gave me nothing, cheers. Good looking car, looking forward to trying it.

Edit:OK, found it via the AC forum link, cheers. See if it drives like my MX-5!
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  8. Awesome mod, love it!
  9. As stated on the AC forums, we made this version absolute bone stock.. Hence no power steering, so the turns to lock is 3.35 with a ratio of 18:0:1 as per a non-powered Miata.
  10. Still no have sound, even with sound fix :(

Any other solution?

11. Great work!! Stunning detail... :)

Just one problem. When I drive with an automatic gearbox the car wont upshift into second gear,it does for half a second,then downshifts back. The rest of the gears work fine. No problem when in manual. Someone posted a video with the problem but i cant find it...
  12. In my eagerness to make the AI quicker I may have messed the upshift.. I'll fix it and release an update with the new sounds/Exposure fix :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. New update coming later today guys, with a number of fixes and most importantly the updated sound bank. Thanks to all for your patience.
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gergely Kiss updated Mazda MX-5 with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Many thanks for this mod. I have a '91 MX-5/Miata/Eunos for the past 14 years as a sunny day/track day car and this is the 1st proper add-on Mk 1 NA model mod yet released.
    I hope someone makes the earlier 7 spoke 14" minilite style alloys as an alternative. You have got the colours spot-on. Mine is a (Neo) British Racing Green / Tan interior V Spec import from Japan.
    Sure it's not fast but there are over 1,000,000 of these out there in various versions so someone got it right from the start. If anyone can add the Nardo wooden steering wheel instead of the horrible airbag one and if it can be converted to right hand drive that would be great.
    Also is it possible to have an LSD ? My car has one and it works well to stop the inside wheel spinning which these cars are very prone to.

Again, many thanks and keep on improving it if you can.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  16. Gergely Kiss updated Mazda MX-5 with a new update entry:

mazda mx5 1.1

Read the rest of this update entry...
  17. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Nice! Thanks guys!
    Absolutely love this car :)
  18. Great job with v. 1.1 guys - all the issues I had mentioned in an earlier post about v. 1.01 have been addressed beautifully, the handling physics and the FFB seem spot on now.

Looking forward to your Stage 1 etc. versions!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Version 1.01 worked fine but version 1.1 has no preview and freezes the game
  20. Karoti, if you just simply extracted the file in you cars folder then that might be the problem.

I made a mistake with the folder hierarchy, so you have to make a mazda_miata folder manually in AC cars folder and put the files into it. I will update the link with a help of an admin soon so you don't have to do this in the future.

You can find the proper link at AC forum until we can update the link here. Apologies for the mistake.