• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Maybe we can still hope for a GTR3

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Jonas Hillert, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Jonas Hillert

Jonas Hillert
    Jonas2501 Premium

Ratings:
    +274
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._UK.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I would love this game, if it would become reality. Now SimBin is back, so we can still hope for a GTR3:D
    But hopefully it´s not become a console exclusive game, because they mentioned something like this:thumbsdown:. When GTR2 was released back in 2005, I was only 5 years old, so I don´t played this game a lot. But in this few hours, I really fell in love with this game.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Id love to see the GTR2 engine run on the Unreal graphics engine, add some modern features like dynamic tire and track, a multiplayer rating system and we would have the game everyone dreams of :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kenneth Jurmann

Kenneth Jurmann

Ratings:
    +41
    Well that's pcars then... :roflmao:

4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,317
    #keepaneyeonracedepartmenttoday
    #maybesomethinginterestinghappening

:D

• Wow Wow x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. David Wright

David Wright

Ratings:
    +263
    While it might appear all the new Simbin has to do is release a game, call it GTR3 and the simracing community will queue up in droves, I suspect "GTR3" has become all things to all people.

The FIA GT championship is no more so a true sequel isn't possible. The Blancpain series is the closest we have now. Can the new Simbin get the Blancpain license including Porsche and Ferrari, include rain and day/night cycle, animated pitcrew and dynamic track, and leave it moddable? All features missing from Raceroom. If they can't then I suspect many will be disappointed by GTR3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,317
    • Love Love x 2
  7. David Wright

David Wright

Ratings:
    +263
    Well it looks like they've got most if not all of the features "expected" for a GTR3. I must admit I feel development of Raceroom has been rather slow so I wasn't optimistic they could add all these new features in the time available, but it appears my fears were unfounded.

8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,317
    Also expect R3E to quicken up in development terms. I believe the plan is to target monthly updates to the game and bring about many if not all the features that the game misses at the moment. It's been difficult for various reasons to implement the features they would like in R3E, due to the structure of how the game was originally built. Slowly but surely these have been worked at and with each update solutions are becoming more possible to realise.

I've got a couple of articles and interviews around the subject of R3E, Simbin, GTR3 and Sector3 coming over the next few days and weeks that goes into this in more detail. So hang fire and all will (hopefully) become clear soon.

Also they've extended the invite for me to keep popping down and having a look how all this stuff is progressing, so I intend to keep very close to these projects and feed you guys the news first :) All this despite it cost me about £60 all told to go down to Manchester and get all this info (not bribes btw, train fair, food, drink and taxis etc).

So keep tuned to RD and you'll hear it all here first! :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Keep up the great work Paul. I'm sure you can claim expenses from Bram for your hard and detailed work? :thumbsup: If not, good on you for your dedication to RD.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,317
    lol no need man, it's been my pleasure :)

It's actually really nice to see people face to face for a change, nothing like looking in the whites of someone's eyes when trying to get an answer to a difficult question... plus it makes me feel like a proper journalist for a change :D

I'm writing a travel blog type piece at the moment to describe the visit, dripping with some sarcasm and slightly exaggerated descriptions, but it might be a fun read if anyone can be bothered ;)

I'll probably post it in the next couple of days or so..

Loads of R3E / GTR3 stuff to post first tho :D

• Like Like x 2