MaxForceAtSteeringRack and GSCE

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
Messing around with realfeel I found that when you lowered Maxforceatsteeringrack setting it increased the force on the wheel. Whether it was negative or positive setting, the closer you got to zero the stronger the force on the wheel. Kind of like lowering how much assist you get on power steering. My question, intially posed by @Jason Skyring, how does this affect ffb or ffb clipping, since we don't have a ffb plugin for game stock car. Do any of you physics gurus know how this MFSR setting works. Thanks.

yeah it has a really nice weight and feel on the wheel but just wonder if it gives the same effect as FFB multiplier on rF2 and could potentially cause clipping issues?

From a quick test I'd say clipping may be a issue with adding too much weight Jeff. Give the Formula Rieza a go and chang the Maxforceatsteeringrack to - 1000 from -1300, in the corners the FFB feels a tad dull maybe? great feeling down the straight and a good weight to the feel but the FFB could be clipping out in the corners ?

Just realised that the default setting for the formula rieza is higher than -1600, more like -2600 so I may have turned it up a bit too high lol. I've adjusted mine so it's a little less than stock settings so added a bit more weight but not too much to potentially give a major clipping issue

Yeah you know what I mean lols. I think it may act in a similar way to the ffb multiplier in rf2 you know, if you go crazy and really crank it up (or down lol) it not only adds a load of weight but I get alot of weird vibrations, knocks etc from just exiting the pit lane which makes me think that its altering all the ffb forces at the wheel. Which would make sense as it's called maxforceatsteering? I'd say yeah defo lower it a bit to add a nice bit of weight/feel to the wheel but dont go crazy as you could be getting some clipping in the turns / big force zones and missing out on all the extra feel from the car. I wish I had the input plugin like rf2 to check? Anyone know if there one for rf1 that works on this?

Yes you can look at ffb signal just like an audio signal when it hit's it's decibal ceiling it will distort and you know when you get bad distortion because your stereo is too loud it's hard to figure out what the song is. You lose the same detail in your force feedback when it distorts. Just like digital audio is converted into an analog signal when it hits your speaker, telemetry is turned into a analog signal when it hits your ffb motor. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Nox
Yes you can look at ffb signal just like an audio signal when it hit's it's decibal ceiling it will distort and you know when you get bad distortion because your stereo is too loud it's hard to figure out what the song is. You lose the same detail in your force feedback when it distorts. Just like digital audio is converted into an analog signal when it hit your speaker, telemetry is turned into a analog signal when it hits your ffb motor.
Oh! ok

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing