Max Verstappen world champion

This season? Seriously?

Yes Seriously? If you told me two weeks ago that he will win the GP of Spain in a Red Bull I would have say to you don't forget your medicine :p :p but look at us now? :} You can understand that I am a very proud dutch guy how's looking at F1 for so many years and this is a dream come true for me and for Holland.

Last edited:
Yes Seriously? If you told me two weeks ago that he will win the GP of Spain in a Red Bull I would have sat to you don't forget your medicine :p :p but look at us now? :} You can understand that I am a very proud dutch guy how's looking at F1 for so many years and this is a dream come true for me and for Holland.
Sorry but if the Mercs had not crashed then Max would have finished 3th, no hate to he still did it but The W07 is still much faster than the RB12, so this year no, Later hell YEES!

Mercs are to fast still so will not happen atleast not this year. However Ric was only 6 tents slower in Q and the expected Renault update will bring them another possible 3-4 tents on the short term. So who knows perhaps on some odd tracks like Singapore, Monaco, Hungary wich should be in favor of RB they might be up for some surprise results.

Today showed that F1 needs close competition on top, just imagine RB, Ferrari and the Mercs on same performance level. Let the drivers fight it out I would say.:D

No doubt that some day he will be a champion, when? well not this year, probably not next year but I m certain that some day it will happen.

He could be in a few years, but this is getting a bit carried away.
This was Ricciardo's race today after the merc crash, and his qualifying lap showed who's no.1 with red bull at the moment.
However, for a young teenager this is phenomenal and he will win more races for sure - maybe even again this season.

I read that on Twitter. Thats not my opinion 100% but it is good for banter :p

Max has achieved what Pastor has achieved. One win after a season and four races. And Pastor only had Hamilton's penalty as a helping hand. Max had two Mercs drop out, Daniel and Seb on a bad strategy and a decent car.

This win is a great sign for sure but Verstappen and his fans must not get carried away. As an AC/DC songs says "It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll"

After the last race I voted next season. If I had answered this one before Spain I think I would go for the later option. My thought is that the regulations changes next year could favor Red Bull. And if you give Max a competitive car he wins races for you. That man (kid) is racing like a robot. He seems indifferent to the pressure to perform on the highest level of motor racing.

He could be in a few years, but this is getting a bit carried away.
This was Ricciardo's race today after the merc crash, and his qualifying lap showed who's no.1 with red bull at the moment.
However, for a young teenager this is phenomenal and he will win more races for sure - maybe even again this season.
In the race he was lapping quicker on same age tyres than Ricciardo tho, being good at Q is one thing, doesn't say it is someone's race tho.

Ric got seriously held up in traffic, as red bull threw ric's race away by going for 3-stops -- pretty clear he would have walked it on a 2-stop.

Anyway, that's racing -- it's not to take anything away from the fact that the kid won the race.
It will be interesting to see how the DR vs MV rivalry goes - especially as red bull's new engine has gone well in testing.
I'll bet on DR for finishing ahead this year.

Last edited:
My opinion...Max will end as best of the rest this year behind the Mercedes. Next year with the new rules, I expect Red Bull to be on top again...and Max will be World Champion in 2017, 2018, 2019 with Red Bull and then 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 for Ferrari...and then he is only 26 :)..... so now taking off the orange goggles off:).

My opinion...Max will end as best of the rest this year behind the Mercedes. Next year with the new rules, I expect Red Bull to be on top again...and Max will be World Champion in 2017, 2018, 2019 with Red Bull and then 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 for Ferrari...and then he is only 26 :)..... so now taking off the orange goggles off:).
Looks good to me !! :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back