1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrox TripleHead2Go ?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Oops, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Oops

Premium Member

Hi all been a while since I posted :) but lately Ive been thinking of using my old triplehead2go analog edition, but Im wondering if anyone else here is using it or is it dead now since I havn't seen any posts about it for a long time?
    would I need any special hardware to run it, I do remember it ran well the last time I used it and that was for gtr2 my system spec is :-

windows vista business
    radeon 5700
    Athlon II x4 640 cpu @ 3.00ghz
    4gb ram
    1 tb hdd

which is probably better than I had then :)
  2. if your Radeon has 3 outputs, you'll get away without using the triple head, if you feel like going SLi you can also do without it. But if neither of the first 2 apply, use it :D

Do try to remember though, it's just an analogue splitter, meaning that the output you card intended for 1 screen, is going across 3, and therefore quality is pretty much divided by 3.

Thats why I used 2 cards with 3 monitors, and SoftTH to run the games. Windows PC knew I was running 3 monitors, and therefore ran my graphics cards to output the right resolution for the 3 monitors, SofTH just enabled me to correct the distance between the screen to sit flush, and to tell the game to output the correct field of view. (Although LFS and a few other games/mods now have this as a standard feature so SoftTH would not be needed if so).
  3. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

It seems that since the release of GFX cards that can run three monitors, Matrox have pretty much what you can call a pointless and expensive product.

Shame really, as they paved the way. But thats the way things go sometimes :)
  4. Oops

Premium Member

Thanks for the replys guys but Im affraid the GFX card only has the two outputs so I think Ill go with the matrox for now, but might consider getting another card in the future :)