Math Game

Let's get going:

The problem below is not algebric. I hope it is witin the game rules:
pythagorean_theorem2.gif

Find C and write how you found it.

Why have I put this one?
  • It is different to the ones before.
  • It is easy, so good to get going again.
  • The guy who ''invented'' this was born and lived in my island and he spent his life less than 10 kilometres away from where I live (do you know him? :p )

Let's get going:

The problem below is not algebric. I hope it is witin the game rules:
pythagorean_theorem2.gif

Find C and write how you found it.

Why have I put this one?
  • It is different to the ones before.
  • It is easy, so good to get going again.
  • The guy who ''invented'' this was born and lived in my island and he spent his life less than 10 kilometres away from where I live (do you know him? :p )
(3x3) + (4x4) = 9 + 16 = 25. Square Root of 25 = 5.

C = 5.

Rule of Pythagoras.

One morning it starts to snow at a constant rate. Later, at 6:00am, a snow plow sets out to clear a straight street. The plow can remove a fixed volume of snow per unit time, in other words its speed it inversely proportional to the depth of the snow. If the plow covered twice as much distance in the first hour as the second hour, what time did it start snowing?

One morning it starts to snow at a constant rate. Later, at 6:00am, a snow plow sets out to clear a straight street. The plow can remove a fixed volume of snow per unit time, in other words its speed it inversely proportional to the depth of the snow. If the plow covered twice as much distance in the first hour as the second hour, what time did it start snowing?
You mean distance in 1st hour = 2 * distance in 2nd hour? And it still snow's after 6am? That would make it started in 5.30am, I think.

I gave up on this one, and looked up the solution to a similar question. I'm not going to say anything, partly to not ruin the game and secondly because I still don't understand any of it. I actually thought I was ok at maths, maybe I was wrong.

Answer/tips?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years