1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Massive Stutter/Loss of Fram/FFB

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by DewCrew88, May 6, 2015.

1. DewCrew88

DewCrew88

Ratings:
    +71
    I cant figure out what the issue is- I tried the ghost replays and have the 2 replay files set as read only.

No dice. It makes the game more or less unplayable because every 15-20 sec I drop to 0 lose all frames and physics and crash. People on steam have the same issue but no definitive answers have been found :/

i5 2500k
    16gb ram
    Win 8.1

2. Ben Saylor

Ben Saylor

Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same issue with similar specs (I5 3570k, 7970, Win 7, 8 gig ram). One thing that helped was to turn my antivirus (Avast) into Game/silent mode. Also, stop any backup programs you have running (for me crashplan). Since I have done these two things, the game runs great. I can get a full steady 60 FPS at high 1080p. I tried ultra but I get some drops into the low 50's in the forests of Wales.

3. DysfunctionalDesigns

DysfunctionalDesigns

Ratings:
    +0
    I turned off the crowd since they look like crap anyways; seemed to improve my performance on my system. Though I'm running much different specs.

AMD FX 8 core Vishera @ 4.2GHz
    Radeon R9 290
    8gb low cas latency ram
    250GB SSD (love the fast loading times this gives me)
    Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

EDIT: note I have never had it give me zero FPS, but I have seen drops of frame-rate that definitely struggles in some sections that might not be fully optimized.

4. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck

Ratings:
    +87
    My system is stout, i7 6-core/GTX 980, and it stutters like crazy. I'm running the game on low settings. Rather pathetic.

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,105
    Shouldn't stutter at all, I have, well, something very close to you, and I have minor drops from 60 to 58 FPS, and I do think that's down to the writing of the replay file.

Running everything on max.

6. Catlin

Catlin

Ratings:
    +3
    The reason behind this is like with all the other Codemasters games. Its the replay file usually being written. If you have another hdd you need to setup a symbolic link and move the replay file away from the windows drive. It completely fixes my stuttering problem in the game.

Replay folder is in c:/program data/codemasters

7. nickh158

nickh158
    Sunday Driver

Ratings:
    +1
    What`s a symbolic link? :O_o:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nickh158

nickh158
    Sunday Driver

Ratings:
    +1
    I`ve had to uninstall it. I was getting framerates of between 20-30fps, even on the low setting. I didn`t have this problem when I originally installed it, so I can only assume it`s something to do with the new update :(