Massive Automobilista Build 1.4.3 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilsta Update June 2017.jpg

Build 1.4.3 of the outstanding Automobilista racing simulation has been released today by Reiza Studios, adding some new content, plenty of fixes and... Steam Achievements!

Honestly Steam Achievements don't appeal to me personally, however it seems like this seemingly low profile element of the game has been widely craved by a large proportion of the sim racing community for several months now, and after a couple of unexpected delays the Brazilian development team have finally included the finished feature in Automobilista.

Other highlights to the build include a brand new rallycross layout for the DLC Hockenheim track, promised at the time of the Legendary Tracks DLC release but having needed a little more time until it could be added to the public build version of the title.

Of particular note should be the improvements made to the AI during qualification situations. Now Reiza have updated the game to ensure AI opponents take the appropriate amount of fuel during qualifying sessions offline, hopefully adding a more competitive experience when racing against the game in-between enjoying multiplayer racing events (sorry for the shameful plug.. ;) ).

The AI improvements don't end with just qualifying fuel loads either. The developers appear to have spent considerable time working on making improvements to the way the artificial intelligence reacts when racing each other and the player in offline mode within Automobilista. Several areas of the AI have been addressed in this build and it will be interesting to see how this changes the dynamic between player and computer in racing situations.

The full build 1.4.3 change log can be seen below:

• Added Hockenheim RX layout (not compatible with DynHUD at the moment)
  • Integrated initial batch of Steam Achievements (more info & related discussions here)
  • Season Tool: Improved handling of errors related to reading of series/track images; All series vehicle filters are now added to seasons (these can be further limited/customised when starting the season in game)
  • Radio Spotter: Audio files now cached in memory to try prevent stutters loading the files during gameplay on some systems
  • Expanded track GDB tire compound parameters to set different compound restrictions for different series, and define which of the allowed compounds AI qualifies & start race on *
  • Added AIRaceCompoundSwitch parameter to series files - if set to 1 AI is forced to switch to the next tire compound allowed in a tire stop (if set to 0 or not present AI will continue on the same default compound) **
  • Made softest compound default for F-Extreme. F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
  • DynHUD: Added option to switch Track Map state from stactic, rotating & off (CTRL + M switches between the states)
  • Replaced tacho texture in native HUD
  • Revised & expanded default championship calendars for several series
  • Reduced pitlane speed limit in races from 100 km/h to 80 km/h in all GP layouts to match real rules
  • Fine tuned drag effects for each car, correcting some previous exaggerated values
  • Fixed F-Truck & ARC Camaro wrong ID for TT leaderboards
  • Fixed bug that would cause excessive AI tire wear when TireManagement parameter wasn´t present in driver RCD file (now defaults to 80, 100 being default tire compound wear)
  • Fixed bug in AI tire pitstop thresholds not working causing the AI to run tires to canvas
  • Fixed bug that could cause AI to slow down too much in cool down lap after checkered flag
  • Global AI adjustments: Slightly reduced qualifying performance gap vs race / slightly increased AI tendency to move out of the draft from car ahead; Adjusted AI reaction to be more combative when another is close by or side by side
  • Fixed AI fuel slightly over fueling in qualifying (now AI does 3-4 lap runs and takes just enough fuel in between for the next run)
  • Changed AI strategy for fixing damage in pits - now AI only fixes damage when wings are missing (no longer doing long pit stops for minor bodywork fixes)
  • Further fine tuning of fuel consumption & estimates for several cars
  • Reduced AI performance variation in Supertruck layouts
  • Adjusted tire wear & degradation rates for all compounds in F-Ultimate, F-Extreme & F-Reiza
  • Brands Hatch: Fixed safety car position in pit lane; Updated AI paths; updated curb textures
  • Hockenheim: Disabled Safety Car for 77 & 88 layouts
  • Karts: Adjusted POV to avoid clipping with driver model
  • Caterham: Fixed missing driver arms in external view for 360R models
  • Montana: Fixes to pitgroups & talent files
  • Mini: Fixed Celtic teams missing vehicle IDs for Time Trial
  • LancerX: Moved default brake bias forward; Fixed bug with driver arms in external cameras
  • F-Ultimate: Adjusted steering wheel height; Increased DRS drag reduction; Increased tires´ pneumatic trail (should make FFB slightly stronger)
  • F-Truck: Updated driver suits & Gloves
  • F-V10: Updated driver suits & Gloves
  • F-V12: fixed sound going mute between 4-5k RPM
  • Ultima: Fixed graphics glitch in headlights from external cameras
  • Superkart: corrected moving arms lodout distance
  • F3: fixed steering wheels LODs of F301
  • MCR: fixed rpm lights and LCD glass
  • Marcas: Added missing talent files; Reduced AI skill range for more consistent performance
* AI will now qualify on softest compound available in all default tracks;
** In case of modern Formula series in default tracks, AI will start on softest compound available and switch to the next in range in a tire stop

Further info regarding above changes: for ex. F-Ultimate @ Montreal, AI will now qualify and start race in UltraSoft compound; since series has AIRaceCompoundSwitch=1, AI will then switch to SuperSoft if / when it stops for tires as per 2017 compound options & strategy; If it´s a F-Extreme race @ Montreal, AI will start on SuperSoft and switch to Softs as per 2015 compound options & strategy. If it´s tracks with no compound restrictions, AI will always run the softest compound and switch to the next up in tire stop. F-Classic will qualify on qualifying tires but will always race on C race compound; if it does a tire stop it will just switch to a new C set.

Series that don´t have multiple tire compounds and / or don´t feature in the track GDB will continue using the default compound as before. Mod tracks should be updated to use this latest syntax in order to feature compound restrictions.

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation has been initially implemented on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.3_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

For the next release we hope to have it fully integrated into the main branch.

GENERAL NOTES:
If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.05 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

For further difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game, please refer to USER MANUAL present as a launch option from Steam If you need further assistance please post it in the troubleshooting topic or email Steam Summer sale with great discounts - if you´re missing anything make sure to check them out!

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios, available to purchase from Steam.

Automobilsta Update June 2017 2.jpg
Automobilsta Update June 2017 3.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Have you had the chance to try out the new update yet? What do you think of the sim post 1.4.3 update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I don't fully agree about visuals because there is quality there, it's the saturation that detracts from it.

Despite all the talk about it's engine being 'old', Reiza Studios has propelled Autombilista into the lead as the most realistic handling sim on the market.
Absolutely agree and I personally must not forget that this is Reiza's FIRST go at Sim development, they have not been doing this for years like other Sim Developers and they have done a superb job massaging the extra visual and audio out of the old engine....I am really looking forward to what Reiza do next....spectacular, might be one word :D

The snobbery is exquisite. Keep it up!

Not snobbery mate. Also not even funny on any level, just a simple fact. Once you tried VR and find you do not suffer from motion sickness. Nothing afterwards comes close, the immersion is that good!

I really do not understand the hate? I simply posted that I have this game with all DLC and cannot race as this game does not support VR. I may have upset a few folks who think they know more than me. Who probably do not own VR and think its fine to have a go! Fair enough, I upset a few snowflakes.

VR is the future like Disc brakes to the tour, embrace the future. Luddites!

I have used VR, but I'm not a VR user, so I don't know if that means I have a clue or not? ;) Also, I must assume you meant non-vr users as I am not familiar with none vr. Also, as another playful joke, could someone that races in real life say that non real life racers (aka sim racers) don't have a clue, and that with a real car and real track that VR just feels "lifeless"?

I'm just being silly, but I couldn't help it when you said others had no clue. :)

Now that was a SMUG reply, not helpful just SMUG. Yes you may be a real life driver. I'm not. I sim race and for me VR is as close as I will ever get. Take a step back and read what I posted. now think about it, process that thought. Was I wrong?

Now that was a SMUG reply, not helpful just SMUG. Yes you may be a real life driver. I'm not. I sim race and for me VR is as close as I will ever get. Take a step back and read what I posted. now think about it, process that thought. Was I wrong?

I didn't say I was a real life driver. I tried to make friendly jokes. I didn't call anyone clueless. We are all here for fun, I was just joking around. I won't say anything negative about the smug part, no hurt feelings here. Sorry that bothered you.

And when 2nd gen VR emerges with double resolution displays the same type of guys will say: "1st gen VR sucks, it's unplayable. Can't stand it, get headaches from it. People playing with 1st gen VR don't know true VR etc etc." It's so predictable... and as technology evolves, it's always the same story by certain kind of people. :laugh:

Oh dear me, what a sad reply. Hell yes I'm looking forward to a CV2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+ I don't get the certain kind of people remark?

Why are you trying to personally attack me? Can you please explain further on this.

I had a DK2 and loved it, I now have a CV1 and love it. I will buy a CV2 or HTC , not sure yet and will love that also.

Fair enough, but was I wrong in my thoughts?

Okay, here is the non sugar coated answer, but I will be nice.

You are completely fine to not be interested in a sim because it doesn't have a feature you want. I can completely understand how after getting used to VR that screens just don't cut it. That's totally fine. You can also ask for that feature to be added and hope for it to be. However to claim that someone that doesn't use VR doesn't have a clue or their opinion doesnt matter is not the best idea unless you are trying to start arguments. Also my analogy is a very good example, it is exaggerated, but like you pointed out would be very smug if someone said that about real driving vs sim racing. Does you opinion as a VR user hold more weight about VR than someone who hasn't used VR or doesn't regularly? Sure, but it doesn't mean their opinion doesn't matter, and more importantly it isn't an excuse to be rude.

Anyways, back on topic for me, isn't AMS and Reiza pretty great!!? Still my favorite overall sim, and top notch developers, thanks Reiza!

Why people get so upset when someone wants VR? Btw, I know that it can sound annoying, but I believe that the guys that request VR support do that to get the developers attention. More people requesting, more chance for them to reconsider developing it. After getting a CV1 there's only one thing I would really love seeing in simracing, AMS on VR!
So, +1 vote on VR support. :thumbsup:
Don't get upset guys, it's only opinions. Peace.

OK, another possibly stupid question on how the new track GDB syntax works for tire compounds…

Is the number in the “SeriesX” sub-sections of CompoundsAllowed supposed to correspond directly to the series numbers you can find in [SteamInstall]\Series\REIZAxx.srs and [UserFiles]\USERDATA\[User]\REIZAxx.cch? Is it possible these GDB values are actually +1 to the actual number of the series?

I’m asking because all the track GDBs I’ve spot checked have a Series31 sub-section under CompoundsAllowed. I don’t have a series 31 file in either of the two locations I mentioned above. Mine go 29-30-36. ARC Camaro, F-Ultimate, and CART Extreme respectively. So on the surface it looks like there are no allowed compounds being defined for F-Ultimate which is making me wonder if I'm just not understanding the GDB syntax.

The VR thing is a well known plague...let me explain...
If someone likes VR I am very happy for him, no problem at all. The boring part is reading over and over, especially when talking of AMS, "no VR no party". I say boring because even if I agree that everyone is free to say what thinks about a certain topic on the other side I see a lot of threads moving from the main topic to the VR one without any reason. If someone don't play it because the lack of VR support and he hasn't nothing new to add to the main topic why he needs to throw here the same tantra over and over again?
Really..who cares?

If someone don't play it because the lack of VR support and he hasn't nothing new to add to the main topic why he needs to throw here the same tantra over and over again?
I think this behavior is based on the fairly wrong assumption that developers will listen if they make enough noise. This usually works with features that can be implemented in the game as is, but not with a totally new development direction. What counts then is not user demand, but a cold cost-benefit analysis: will it be worth the investment of time, money and resources? Of course, this also involves betting on this or that trend. And it is not only AMS. Say, Arma 3 or Horizon with their Forza series are not jumping into the VR bandwagon just yet, altough that could enlarge their user base a bit. It will surely gain traction at some point, but that hasn't happened yet.

Reiza, a developer that listens to its customers and has exemplary support, has made it clear that AMS will not have VR because the engine does not allow it, but possibly their new product will sometime in the future. So I fail to see what can be accomplished by hammering the "no VR, no play" argument incessantly, to the point that when a new thread opens you know beforehand that someone is going to come up with it and become mighty offended when rebuked. So, again: come on, guys, give us a break. We are trying to discuss and suggest improvements to AMS here because we feel it provides sufficient immersion value as it is. If you absolutely refuse to play and/or discuss any non-VR game, perhaps it would be wiser and a more efficient use of your (and our) time to stick to AC or Project Cars forums for now.

What is the best way to reduce the saturation? I have a Nvidia card but can't see a way to manually adjust saturation for AMS.
I am not a tech dude...but I have either adjusted my actual Monitors through their menus or go into the nVidia Control Panel > Adjust desktop Color settings > Choose how color is set > Use nVidia settings, and adjust sliders from there to suit....this however changes the color settings globally for all games.

I am not a tech dude...but I have either adjusted my actual Monitors through their menus or go into the nVidia Control Panel > Adjust desktop Color settings > Choose how color is set > Use nVidia settings, and adjust sliders from there to suit....this however changes the color settings globally for all games.
Thanks for that, I am reluctant to change my global settings though. I presume you can adjust the sweetfx profiles I may have a play with them.

Just an FYI that making this change can potentially screw things up if you do color managed imaging or video work on the same system.

Oh dear me, what a sad reply. Hell yes I'm looking forward to a CV2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+ I don't get the certain kind of people remark?

Why are you trying to personally attack me? Can you please explain further on this.

I had a DK2 and loved it, I now have a CV1 and love it. I will buy a CV2 or HTC , not sure yet and will love that also.
That's a pitty if you judged my post as an attempt to personaly attack you. If I did, I would have mention or quote you.

My post was only a general post about braggers bragging about the latest and greatest and being negative about everything less. Fortunately we have a great saying in Dutch: "Wie de schoen past, trekke hem aan". Which translate in English as: "Who fits the shoe, puts it on."

That probably explains your feeling of "an attempt to a personal attack." Which it isn't. :)

What I can explain about the backlash you probably experience, for which I quote your post:
Damn, no matter how much like this sim. Without VR support I can no longer play. I have all the content and still without VR the game is lifeless. None VR game players cannot comment as they have absolutely no clue. Without VR a driving sim is lifeless.
What you say between the lines is: "VR is the holy grail. Sim can't be enjoyed without VR. And people who do not have VR have no right to have an opinion because they can't truly enjoy a sim because it sucks without VR."

And thus you express yourself - to say it nicely - very negative about the largest group of people who are enjoying sims. By stating that the - by far - major part of simracers are not allowed to have an opinion. Hell, in your view even F1 teams have no right to have an opinion as they all make use of motion simulation and 180 degrees projection. The suckers... :p:roflmao:

And that while VR is just one of many solutions to give a more emerged experience. Nothing more, nothing less. Just like other solutions: motion simulation, 180 degree projection, triple screens, ultrawide screens single screens, tv's etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%