Massa: 'I am a Championship Contender'

Yeaaaaahhh... sure. Cmon, stop that stuff. Ferrari needs him as they need Alonso. Thanks to Massa performance last cuouple of seassons the championships are gone, because it is a fact he could have taken many points from other teams with better racing. He really can´t complain.

Ah ok, it is common that people without any arguments use this one instead. I am spanish, so what? No wories, I am used to it. I have been watching F1 since I was a kid, and there have never been spanish drivers around, so it has nothing to do with it... but good attempt.

I am sure other people understood what I was meaning.

Obviously Ferrari missed Massa scoring points in both championships, this is a fact. If Massa would have taked some points from From Red Bull or McLaren in some races he would have been really useful for, a: Help Fernando on his championship fight, b: Help Ferrari in the constructor champiosnhips.

Saying Ferrari prefeers him to be not competitive makes no sense at all.

Answering to your question. First season after the Hungary accident, he was recovering the pace possibly and getting used to the car again, it was really trayumatic and could have been even worse, Massa knows it. Massa psicollogyst told a monthy ago he was almost fully recovered... A MONTH AGO.

Secondly, Alonso always proved to be better setting the car up and making an average car as good as possible, or at least driving it to the car limits, so if the Ferrari was not the best of the cars, Massa was racing wherever he could do it, midfield you say. Otherwise, how you explain Massa being so competitive last part of last season and these two races of 2013 season? I agree with some copmments above saying Massa depends directly on the car performance.

Fernando always outpoaced his team mates in race pace historically, and beat that will be really hard for whoever is sharing the pit with him.

If he said anything less I'd have to look at him differently.
Massa is a race driver in F1. You didn't get there at the time he did, without talent. A contender for the WDC.... Is that not the ultimate goal?
I do not rate him as any worst than many other driver on the grid...quite the contrary.
Though not as consistant, he's held his own in a few races...(when the car is good)...against a seven-time WDC in the same equipment.

Well, his last race really shows impressive capabilities. I think ferrari supports more than those who have a better chance, and the other driver should support it. Although I am completely against team orders but it is very legitimate. He is a nice guy but to deal championship it should also character of a shark. Wish him much success...

tumbleweed.jpg

Massa has never (fully) really recovered from that crash in Hungary. Maybe this season he will build some confidence and start showing us some of the driving he is really capable of.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back