1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massa: 'I am a Championship Contender'

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Mar 28, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Then he should start acting as a contender. P5 at Malasya is not the way... specially if your team mate is a DNF and you are starting in a good spot.
  3. Sorry Massa, not with Alonso as your teammate!
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am cheering again for him. Love it when people bounce back from a lost position. Especially after all the criticism he received in the last couple of years.

I think the criticism was deserved as he did underachieve at that time but still a very strong return in the last couple of months.

Hope he can find his way back to the absolute top level and score some podium positions or even a win this year.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Good luck. He will need it a lot.
  6. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

7. Good luck to one the nicest drivers in the pits, he's the sort of guy you like to have as a friend.
  8. Cue the spanish "media" going ballistic on Massa.

Sorry, you know it's true.

As for Malaysia, I was critical of him, but he certainly was fast, and lost the podium at the beginning. If he had graining, well, that explains it.
  9. Give him a car that is solid and he will do the job.
    It´s when the car is terrible he just loses it completely.
  10. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I'd rather P5 than a DNF
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The author made a "silly" mistake :)

Massa has 22 points, not a 22 point gap. The gap is only 4 points. Surprised no one noticed :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sorry Webber not with a backstabber as your teammate :O_o:
  13. When the time comes, he will shine. (bright like a diamond :p )
    But in all seriousness, the guy has out-qualified Alonso 4 times in a row and the last time a driver out-qualified Alonso in Sepang was 2006 (or 2005) by Fisichella. He got the talent, he only needs to find the right mindset.
  14. Alonso never was the best qualifier. Trulli normally out paced him in qualify most of the times... but race, is a diferent history. If Massa manages to beat Alonso in race pace, he will be in a good position again.

About the "I prefeer a P5 than a DNF" comment above, please guys, be serious... You always take it to the personal side, Alonso vs. Massa, Massa vs. Alonso... I was meaning that if you start on P2, and your team mate who is always (or most of teh times) faster than you on race gets an early DNF, you can´t let this chance go! Cmon, show the team they can trust you aswell, show the team you are there to win races, or to score podiums. If you loose three positions intead (thanks Button DNF) ... is more of the same. How many of you think Alonso would have been out of the podium without the DNF??? That´s what I mean.
  15. Martin Maaskant

Martin Maaskant
    Premium Member

And then Massa woke up. I must admit he is doing a lot better then last year but it is not good enough to take one Alonso/Hamilton/Räikkönen/Vettel.
  16. Im sure most champions on the grid suffered in one or two races in their championship winning year.
  17. I wonder how good Massa would be right now if he had won the 2008 championship. The confidence gain from that could have turned him into a real monster :alien:
  18. i doubt it, he´s simply not great at working around a bad car.
    Bit like Button and the opposite of Hamilton/Alonso/Webber type drivers.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I've said this before and I'll say it again.Massa is as fast as Hamilton, when his car is as fast as Hamilton's!
  20. Martin Maaskant

Martin Maaskant
    Premium Member

Then Massa is very good at hiding that talant of him.
    • Like Like x 1