1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mas & Tex folders in export

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Paul Minnaar, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Hi chaps.

I see my export of my venue is pretty big compared to other locations. Looked inside and I see the other locations do not have the tex and mas folders, which are very big.

Is there a setting I must look at or can they just be deleted?
  2. That's because I think you have to convert all your texture files to a single mas file.
    If read through some of the previous threads I think there's something about it in one of them.
    Try doing a search for converting to mas files and see what that turnes up????:rolleyes:
  3. you'll need to add a couple of lines of code to your .scn file too (near the top), otherwise you'll not be able to load your track, as the scene file won't search for your mas files. check the scene files of other tracks but it's something like this:

the idea being that you name your mas files after your track, one with the gmt files, the other with the textures, hence the "_maps" suffix.
  4. you don't need to ad these lines if you 're creating a track for GTR2, works fine if you just create the mas files and put them in your track folder
  5. Thanks for all the replies.

Strangely, these folders do not seem to be necessary? I deleted them completely and the venue loaded 100%. If this is the case, why does BTB export them into the venue folder?